Very upseting...

Options
Ok so I went home for the weekend (I'm in college) and I made a very good effort to eat healthy. After my workout on Friday I drove home to have a pizza dinner with the family. I only ate off the veggie tray (mostly olives black and green, carrots, pickles, and celery) and the fruit tray (mostly oranges, strawberries, and kiwis). I ATE NO PIZZA!!! It killed me but I did it! Then the following day it was my brothers birthday and we had Chick Fil A. All I ate was the char grilled chicken sandwich (no sides) and I had NO cake or ice cream. The rest of the day I ate healthy as well including a small plate of grapes mozzarella and toast. Yet somehow I managed to gain 3 lbs this weekend!!! Really?!?!?! How the hell did that happen?!?!?!?! I should have just ate the F#@$ing pizza and cake!!!!

Replies

• inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking enough water. I highly doubt you're actually putting on pounds of fat because that's a TON of calories you'd need to consume. Make sure you're saturating your body with water to get rid of the excess sodium which causes you to hold weight.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    AHHHHH, the evil salt will do it every time!
  • tarrox
    tarrox Posts: 47
    Options
    Sounds like water weight. Do you track your sodium? Olives, pickles, fast food, and even celery have quite a bit of sodium.

Great job on your healthy choices. Your body will thank you :)
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    I LOSE ABOUT 1 LB A DAY DURRING THE WEEK AND GAIN 3 TO 4 EVERY WEEKEND I BELIVE IT IS WATER WEIGHT DUE TO NOT WORKING OUT THE BURN IT OFF. I KNOW2 IT SUCKS BUT IT SHOULD DROP BACK OFF IN A DAY OR TWO.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your sodium levels? Olives, Pickles and Cheese (all of which you said you ate) can be high in sodium. Some people (like myself) tend to hold onto water weight like crazy if I overdo it on the sodium. If you tracked your food and know you stayed close to your calorie goal this weekend, then the 3 lb gain has to be water weight... up your water intake for the next few days to help flush it out and get your system back in balance. You should drop it pretty quickly.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    SODIUM! That can bloat you up.. I have learned the hard way.

Drink you water, watch your sodium intake and in a couple of days, those pounds will be gone.

You could have had pizza though. One slice could fit into your day :smile:
  • red5
    red5 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well my scale told me I gained 7 lbs in 1 day! That is from Sunday morning until today! I decided to throw my scale in the garbage and will buy a new one because do you know how many calories it would take to gain 7lbs!
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    It can totally be any sodium intake and water weight. Also if you haven't gone #2, that will have an affect as well....or is it effect. I can never remember! Don't let it get to ya though. My weight can fluctuate between five pounds over three days. Hang in there!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    traveling can cause you to retain water as well as stress. Make sure to drink plenty of water and be careful with the salts. It will be off in about a week I am betting.
  • nurse_chris
    nurse_chris Posts: 189
    Options
    Sams, take these posters to heart, there's no way that you gained fat/bad weight after a disciplined weekend like you had.
    Congrats by the way on having that discipline, many of us would be hard pressed to do what you did :happy:
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of salt in your weekend. Most likely sodium retention. Drink tons of water and weigh again in a few days. Bet it will be back to normal. And maybe you will get the whoosh fairy and even lose some! Who knows. Just remember olives and pickles are VERY salty. And any fast food is going to be loaded with sugar, fat and sodium. Even something that seems as innocent as grilled chicken.

You did good. Be proud and carry on!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hey Sams - these guys sound like they've got it right.
    Seriously though - everybody goes through a few "downs" and gets some hurdles along the way - its how you recover from those that builds your strength and gets you to win long term!!
    If you didnt have any downs then the ups wouldnt feel quite so good :)
    Good luck - you're ready for the next "up" by the sound of it xx
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    you ate green olives and pickles( Saturated with salt) then you ate lots of fruit (saturated with lots of water) Put the two together and that = (Water weight gain). The healthy stuff is still healthy so don't fret too bad over it. Eat lots of salad and water based foods this week and just stay low on sodium.
  • Sams111
    Sams111 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I really needed the positive reinforcement!!! <3 I will definitely drink more water and watch my sodium intake.