Breeze through March! 30 Day Challenge

Options
This challenge is open to anyone who wants to challenge themselves over the next month.

Post your March goals on here and let's prepare to support one another!

My goals;

1. Walk farther! I want to walk at least five days a week, at least 2 miles a day. So, 10 miles a week for me; 40 miles for the month of March.

2. Drink more water! I'm going to try and drink at least NINE glasses of water a day. That might not be a big deal for some, but for me, that's major.

3. Log faithfully! I usually slack a little on the weekends, so that's OUT.

4. (this is the edit) Push-ups! I had a friend challenge me a couple of days ago, so, I'm adding that. At least 4 reps of 10 push-ups a day. Love ya, Push-up Man! :wink:

Post your goals, and then come back at least once a week to let everyone know how you've been doing!

Replies

• achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I definitely need something to keep me going through March, been having issues ever since December, need to get this thing going again.

Goals:
    1. Be under calories everyday for the month of March (been majorly slacking in the last few weeks).
    2. Workout at least 5 times a week at least 60 minutes.
    3. Drink at least 12 cups of water a day.
  • godsgiftjcp
    Options
    I'm in!!!!!

March Goals:

Log Everyday!!!!
    Workout 60 mins 5x a week
    Try to loose 5lbs a week
    Stay under my calorie goal every day this month!!!!
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey SFG, I knew about this ahead of time so here are my goals...

I wanna walk 7 days a week. 5 miles on weekends and 2 miles during the week. I walk with Leslie Sansone so it makes it easy to track for me.

Water, im with you sfg, I wanna go for 9 a day.

Ok, ill log back here in a week and let you all know how faithful I was! :)
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm in! :happy:

My goals are:

1. Drink eight glasses of water a day~ I struggle SOOO much with drinking water.
    2. Exercise for 24 hours total for March~ I tried this challenge last month and only made it halfway there..I want to go all the way this month.
    3. Stay off the scale other than my one time weigh in per week~ no need to obsess! :)

Good luck keeping with your goals everyone!
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    OK, I'm in! Goals for March:

1. Drink ALL of my water and then some everyday.
    2. Stay with my alloted calories and see how that goes!
    3. Keep exercising and add some weight training with it.
    4. Lose 8 lbs. this month.
    5. Lose 1 inch in my waist and 1 inch in my hips (at least)

That's not too hard....I HOPE!
  • ralena
    ralena Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    great, someone to keep me on my toes :smile:

1) lose 3 pounds in March.
    2) 9 glasses of water a day
    3) make it to 20 mins on elliptical

4200821.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • debbimj
    debbimj Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm in:

Deb's Goals:

1. Drink 9 glasses of water each day (this will be hard for me too)
    2. Walk at least 4 times per week (3 miles each walk)
    3. Stay away from the scale except for Mondays and Fridays.
    4. Lose 6 pounds during March.

Best wishes to all . . . MFP rocks!!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Girl, you KNOW I'm in!

Goals for March:
    1) Walk for a minimum of an hour, three days per week, pace of 3.5 mph or higher.
    2) Walk for a minimum of 40 minutes, one day per week, pace of no less than 4.0 mph.
    3) Work out to my Billy Blanks Cardio Taebo to target other muscle groups at least 3 days per week.
    4) Try to stick with FIVE TO STAY ALIVE! This means five fruits and veggies per day! I'm normally really good with the fruits (usually 3 per day) but terrible at the veggies.
    **EDITED TO ADD:
    5) I hope to shed 8 lbs before the end of the month which will put me at my halfway mark! It is a bit of a steep goal but I'm going to work hard for it and take whatever I can get.

Let's ROCK this challenge MFPers! :)
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    I lost a pound this week and five out of the seven days I drank 8+ glasses of water. I also added about 3 hours to my exercise total for this month (goal is 24 hours total). How is everyone else doing?
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Well, it has been a tough, tough past week for me. Two MRIs, taking my A-Team to the state quiz bowl competition for the weekend, and I haven't managed to live up to anything I set my mind to do. Maybe someone else should move their picture to the main challenge spot, because I know I haven't represented at ALL. *hangs head in shame* :cry:

Victories I did achieve- 1. On the days I was able to walk, I walked longer and went farther. 2. I did drink more water than 8 glasses most days (until my water bottle disappeared on our state trip). 3. I did my push-ups five out of seven days, and 4. I don't want to talk about the logging. Oh, and I gained two pounds. :sad:

I'm going to do better this week.

I hope everyone else did MUCH better than I did!