flabby tubby gone?!

Options
hello mothers! are there any of you out there that has had your baby, and still had that saggy skin after? (like for a few years) have any of you been able to get it completely flat again? or at least to a firm "pooch" and not a saggy flappy thingy?

i dont think mine is THAT bad. and i like to think its gotten better since starting MFP. but i didnt take before pics of it so im not sure if its just in my head or not.

but is there any hope that it will ever be flat again? ive heard that bicycle crunches and reverse crunches help it a lot. is that true?

i really want to be able to wear a bikini again at some point in the future.

sorry i just realized i put flabby tubby. i meant flabby TUMMY....lol

Replies

• mbsmith0312
    mbsmith0312 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    im not really sure, i just had a baby myself (hes 6 months) but i would really like to know! i also heard that it takes almost a year for your uterus to go back down to its previous size. Try Jogging, I have lost alot of weight from that in my tummy area! (probably bc it flops around and some falls off! haha) and do crunches. I actually decided to start out every night with 5 reps of 10 sit ups and increase in 4 weeks... if your up for a challenge we could communicate with each other to see if we did them every night... I am only 19 so not ever wearing a bikini again is out of the question. although i have some pretty bad stretch marks, but MADERMA MADERMA MADERMA! and hopefully they will fade... :)
  • stacielynn1
    Options
    also johnson and johnson reg baby lotion helps on stretch marks!! also vitamin E oil!!
  • Belle_Fille
    Belle_Fille Posts: 469
    Options
    im not really sure, i just had a baby myself (hes 6 months) but i would really like to know! i also heard that it takes almost a year for your uterus to go back down to its previous size. Try Jogging, I have lost alot of weight from that in my tummy area! (probably bc it flops around and some falls off! haha) and do crunches. I actually decided to start out every night with 5 reps of 10 sit ups and increase in 4 weeks... if your up for a challenge we could communicate with each other to see if we did them every night... I am only 19 so not ever wearing a bikini again is out of the question. although i have some pretty bad stretch marks, but MADERMA MADERMA MADERMA! and hopefully they will fade... :)
    maderma didnt work for me! (im 20, had my first at 16, 2nd at 19) i used it for a few months before i gave up. but over time they arent very noticeable at all. and have gotten tons better since losing the little weight that i have!
  • TimarieS
    TimarieS Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had my first child via c-section 7 years ago (at 20), gained 80 lbs w/ the pregnancy, and i have had issue with the saggy skin ever since, it was even worse after my second, even when i got down to my ideal bmi after my first (115 lbs) I still had it, unfortunately my doctor said that mine is so bad that I will have to have surgery to fix it, since it isn't fat that i need to lose, but skin that i need to get rid of! the up side is when i am thinner it is not noticeable with clothes on, and only my husband and i know that it is there, but it still bothers me very badly...
    my husband agreed that if i reach my goal weight, and keep it off for a year, that i can have the surgery to get the excess skin removed, so that is my ultimate goal
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    extra skin is just that, extra skin. you can lose the fat underneath... but if has been stretched past the point of return there is only one way to get rid of it - surgery. i should also say that the elasticity of your skin has a lot to do with genetics.
  • Belle_Fille
    Belle_Fille Posts: 469
    Options
    i dont know if mine is extra skin or just extra fat. i guess im going to have to just work hard and find out