I know I've lost weight when...

Options
now firstly I have to say that I am not a first time weight loser I am a repeat offender! A few years ago now I managed to lose 60kg over a rather long period of time. However over a very short period of time I managed to gain a fair few of those kilos back. But some of the old new things I noticed the first time round have crept back to my memory.

So I know I have lost weight when...
* I can take my jeans or jean skirt on and off WITHOUT undoing the button and zip
* My feet are starting to look all weird and scrawny again {someone told me when I had lost 60kg they looked weird} so since that is starting to happen again I must be losing weight!
* I can fit my fingers around my wrists and then some
* My ankles are triming down
* My rings are fitting again
* And yes EEEKK my boobs are shrinking!
* My cheeks are getting their 'hollows' back
* My shoulder bones are peeking through what used to be layers of fat!
* I don't get as puffed when I walk my 5km in the mornings

Just as the first time, I am noticing my legs are changing the most for some reason it's just how I lose weight. I am excited, my goal is once again HUGE but I know I can do it because I have done it before! So with 8kg down and 50kg to go, I know it's not going to be instant but like Rachel Hunter says 'it won't happen overnight but it WILL happen' so I will just keep that motto onboard! Good luck to EVERYONE on this journey, no matter how big or small your weightloss journey is, believe in yourself and if you hit road bumps, it's ok...we are all only human after all!

Replies

• Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    or when you see those bones you never knew you had, you can pull your skin off your body by several inches!
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    That's great, good luck with everything :) I have just recently gotten the pleasure of fitting back into a only bra (d cup) and I was able to pull my jeans off without undoing the button. lol yay for small changes :)
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    * I can take my jeans or jean skirt on and off WITHOUT undoing the button and zip

Yes! And it doesn't seem like too long ago I had to suck-in, arch my back, and hop to zip them. :tongue:
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    or when you get that saggy pants butt...totally have that now, not the most flattering look, but I love it! :laugh:
  • drericaz
    drericaz Posts: 3
    Options
    I got my old clothes taken-in and now they need to be taken-in again!
  • goldenbutterfly
    Options
    my undies fit proberly... cant wait to get outa these granny pants lmao
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    my undies fit proberly... cant wait to get outa these granny pants lmao

LOL I know the feeling
  • CarbAvor
    CarbAvor Posts: 45
    Options
    WOW! YOU GO GIRL! I have not had to diet or exercise much before because my normal life activities kept me MOVING and I never had time to eat... which is no healthier than gaining weight... which I "get" now. But I just had my 4th baby (I got really sick during my pregnancy) ... I am 24 years old and I don't know how or where to start! Do you have any "tips" that I may use to be successful in my weight loss goals? I feel like I'm eating well but could definatly do better... I am having a hard time working out because ANY thing cardio HURTS my chest bad! Where do I begin or what do I do to help me stay committed when I want my White Choc Mocha?
  • demone00
    demone00 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    when I can fit into old pair of jeans... and my clothes fit better and not tight
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies, I had a chuckle reading most of them. It's so nice to know there is a whole 'community' out there just like me!!!!!
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    or when you get that saggy pants butt...totally have that now, not the most flattering look, but I love it! :laugh:

I so have that right now. I don't want to buy new work pants becuase I still have a ways to go. I guess I will when the start falling off lol.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options

I so have that right now. I don't want to buy new work pants becuase I still have a ways to go. I guess I will when the start falling off lol.

just be proud of it! Yea yea...we love saggy pants butt =) we earned them!:laugh:
  • laney237
    laney237 Posts: 26
    Options
    Great post and replies...they all made me smile :))
  • wanitalilly
    wanitalilly Posts: 108
    Options
    When I can tie my shoes without feeling like I'm reaching over my boobs & belly!! NO GRUNTING!!
  • goldenbutterfly
    Options
    when people start asking wheres the baby? instead of asking when your due? lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!