Ab workout pain?

Options
Hey! Last night I did like 20 minutes of ab workouts after not doing any real ones for like 3 years....I was fine when I woke up this morning but around 2pm my abs starting hurting and its getting worse. Is this normal? I finished my workout at about 11pm last night.

Replies

• bwleung89
    bwleung89 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have had this happen especially for my calves at night. I would wake up with cramps and soreness but i wouldnt have problems the next day. Since you havent really done abs in a while, you are just really sore. I get this when i dont do squats for a few days and it builds up a ton of lactic acid in my legs which take a few days. However, if its really painful then no reason to forget about a doctor. I have seen people get Hernias(not sure on spelling) and go unchecked until it goes too late.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely normal. It's often referred to as "delayed onset muscle soreness" and is the result of exercising underused muscles. I often find the 2nd day after a workout worse than the day after.
  • cjudesaenz
    cjudesaenz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    so super normal... this happens to me all the time... I change up my workout and I swear almost 24hours im in pain but its like good pain at least for me it is...lol... keep it up
  • TimarieS
    TimarieS Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is normal, and be prepared, tomorrow may be worse! Sorry that you are hurting like that! Don't let it discourage you!