Hello im a Newbie

Options
:happy: Hello everyone, i've just turn't 32 and feel it's time to shift this weight that i just can't seem to get rid of. I have battled with a thyroid condition since 2001 and it's played havoc with my weight and confidence.... At present i weight 12st and im only 5ft 2, i had considered taking diet pills but im scared they may make my condition worse. Anyhow if anyone would like to become diet buddies or would like a natter feel free to add me as a friend xxx

Replies

• ballgood
    ballgood Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome !!!
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    Hello! I'll be your diet buddy if you promise not to laugh at my complete and utter ignorance towards footie :-). Stay away from those fangle pills, you're already battling the thyroid you don't need anything else working against you!

I just sent this long winded dialogue to another MFP friend that might help you...

"I'm a former thyroid sufferer whose doctor assumed/suggested that I was having adrenal issues as well. Pills and I never really got along, so I wasn't all that stoked about shoveling gads of prescription grade crudstuffs down my piehole. I did some reading and saw some doctors boasting about the positive effects of b-vitamins and iodine, both of which were slim to nil in my diet since I started exhibiting signs. There were a bunch of other suggestions for supplements, but after pricing all those pills out I realized I would have to get a second job to support my monthly Whole Foods run. Conventional multi's didn't seem to have enough unless I doubled the dose and put myself at risk of OD'ing on iron. For some reason, I found myself in the prenatal pills aisle and ultimately bought Rainbow Light Complete Prenatal pills with digestive support... it had superb amounts of b-vitamins, iodine, and all the other crud I heard raves about (there are several on the same shelf, just go with whatever one has the lowest iron and the highest b-vitamins in the price range you need). 4 days into taking the pills I was able to wake up without effort, work a complete work day, feel energized enough to walk dog, go to the gym, and all those other things normal people have energy for. Keep in mind, I didn't check with my doctor first... so it's basically my own personal bout as a guinea pig. I am also a huge proponent for the whole Eat to Live plan, but it's a little extreme (heavy veg, no/limited meat/fish/egg, no dairy, 1 cup whole grain). "

Do I really need to utilize quotes when it's me I'm quoting? Bah :-D

But anyways, Good luck -- You can do this!