Support needed - Eveneing Meals

Options
Hi

I am starting again today after falling off the wagon!

I need some inspiration of evening meals for less that 600 calories - ideas?

Also, I am in need of some friends for support, please add me x

Replies

• anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting back on the proverbial wagon. Sending you a friend request because friends really do make all the difference.
  • kimbaclay
    kimbaclay Posts: 81
    Options
    Hi! :flowerforyou:

I recently created a post about low cal meals

Have you heard of cook yourself thin?

It's brilliant Channel4 OD are playing them
    You can buy books with the recipies in which are lovely

I especially like the chicken tikka masala instead of cream it uses 0% fat greek yogurt and its just as yummy!

:bigsmile:

Good luck :bigsmile:
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    the best way to get around that is to stay clear of starchy carbs like potatoes, rice, pasta. Use veggies as your carb. Have a salad and some steamed veggies with a larger serving of lean protein. I love to cook turkey tenderloin roast that I get from Walmart. I eat 7 ounces of that several times a week. Its only 200 calories for the 7 ounces, plus all my steamed veggies...brings me to about 300 calories and around only 10 grams of carbs. Can't beat that!
  • zcosborne86
    Options
    Hi!

Sending you a friends request! One website I love is the bbc good food site, they do amazing recipes that really are low call but high flavour! www.bbcgoodfood.com

Good luck!!! x
  • brokentoeahontas
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/quick_healthy_low_calorie_recipes_menus

Most of the meals on this site are under 500 calories and I have found it very helpful. Also, below is a list of snacks that are all under 50 calories. Hope this helps!

Bake 1/2 of an apple and top with 1 tablespoon of low fat yogurt and sprinkle with cinnamon.
    4 ounces of unsweetened applesauce sprinkled with cinnamon
    1 mini box of raisins
    12 fresh cherries
    14 red grapes, fresh or frozen
    1/2 banana, fresh or frozen
    1/2 cup strawberries with 2 tablespoons of low fat yogurt
    1 sugar-free fudge pop
    2 sugar-free ice pops
    1 cup (individual serving size) of sugar-free Jello with 3 tablespoons of Cool Whip Lite
    1 cup of melon
    1/2 small grapefruit topped with artificial sweetener
    Satisfy Salty Snack Craving With These Under 50 Calorie Choices
    For those times when something salty tasty is the only thing that will satisfy, try one of these snacks.
    1 1/2 cups of salted, air-popped popcorn
    1 pretzel rod
    1/4 cup of shelled edamame sprinkled with sea salt
    1/4 of a small bag of salted soy chips
    8 ounces of miso soup
    6 ounces of V-8 juice
    1 kosher dill pickle
    1 cucumber sliced and salted
    Mix 1/4 cup diced onion, 1/2 cup of diced celery, dice one small cucumber and top the mix with vinegar and salt.
    Need A Crunchy Low Calorie Snack? Try One Of These
    Sometimes the food just has to make a crunch if it's going to please the appetite. When the need to crunch rolls around, try one of these snacks.
    Read on
    Caveman Diet Tips: How to Succeed on the Paleo Diet
    Healthy Snacks for The Dukan Protein Diet
    Healthy Diet Snacks for Quick Fast Weight Loss While on Diet Plan
    1 small celery stalk smeared with 1/2 teaspoon of natural peanut butter
    1 1/2 cup of sugar snap peas
    1/2 cup of carrots with 1 tablespoon of lite ranch dressing
    1 brown rice cake topped with 1 tablespoon of sugar-free jam or jelly
    1/2 apple smeared with 1 teaspoon of soy butter
    1/2 cup of sliced jicama (Mexican turnip) with 4 ounces of salsa
    Creamy And Smooth 50 Calorie Snack Choices
    When you need the comfort of creamy and smooth foods, try one of these snacks.
    1 tablespoon of creamy, flavored cheese spread on cucumber slices
    1 teaspoon of almond butter
    1/2 cup fat-free yogurt topped with sugar-free jam
    1 medium avocado slice
    8 grape tomatoes or 2 tomato slices dipped in 1 tablespoon of low fat cream cheese
    1/3 cup of blueberries topped with 1 tablespoon of lite sour cream
    Satisfy Cheese Cravings With These 50 Calorie Snack Options
    Cheese is not on the no-no list for dieters, as long as it's one of these low-cal offerings.
    1 slice of fat-free American cheese
    1 sliced tomato sliced and topped with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, broil or eat as-is
    6 endive leaves filled with 1/2 ounce of fat-free feta cheese
    2 ounces of fat-free cottage cheese
    1 ounce of fat-free mozzarella cheese dipped in 1 teaspoon of marinara sauce
    50 Calorie Protein Snacks
    Protein is a must to keep your energy level up and one of these 50 calorie offerings will keep you going between meals.
    2 slices of white meat turkey rolled up inside 2 lettuce leaves
    1 ounce of cooked salmon on 2 whole wheat crackers
    1 ounce of water packed tuna mixed with 1 teaspoon of mustard
    2 hard boiled egg whites and 1 sliced cucumber
    1/2 cup of fat-free yogurt topped with sunflower seeds
    1 tofu dog topped with shredded cabbage or sauerkraut
    1 slice of whole wheat bread topped with 2 teaspoon of humus
    1 slice of onion topped with medium size sardine from water-packed canned
    Snack Thirst Quenchers
    When you want a beverage other than water between meals, try one of these low-cal drinks to quench your thirst.
    Homemade iced green tea with artificial sweetener
    1/2 cup skim milk with 1 tablespoon of zero-calorie chocolate flavored syrup
    1 cup of hot chocolate made with 1 packet of sugar-free hot chocolate mix, 1/4 cup of skim milk and 3/4's cup of hot water
    3/4 cup of almond milk
    3/4 cup of seltzer water with 1/4 cup cranberry juice added
  • clarkane8
    clarkane8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love the "Hungry Girl" cookbooks. The food tastes amazing and is low in calories and fat. I am a bit obsessed with them. I have not cooked a recipe that was bad yet. The recipes are not only easy but fun to make. I like the other suggestions above and may try some of those too!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the 400 Calorie Fix... check it out. Great book, lots of ideas to get you back on the wagon with portion control.
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    bump
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    I love making soups for dinner and serving with some kind of crisp salad or a 1/2 sandwich or lettuce wrap (sometimes a girl needs a little more than mushy floaties to satiate). I have a tough time in the evenings too, especially if I didn't stick to my eating plan through the day. I pack a bin full of vegetables each morning and 1 hot meal (or I go out for Pho). Usually if I stick to finishing the whole bin, I don't have much urge to overeat when I get home. A bin of veg is really good company whilst sitting through traffic as well :-)
  • misc02u
    misc02u Posts: 25
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Check out this website: http://www.skinny-bits.com/ or Google: Gina's Skinny Recipes

I am a huge fan! They are all weight watchers recipes that Gina makes "skinny". I'm not in weight watchers but I love trying her recipes. They are phenom!
  • WomanPower79
    Options
    Okay.... what i do like on a Sunday Evening.....
    -whole red pepper
    whole yellow pepper
    -whole green pepper
    -1/4 onion
    -garlic powder (approx 3 tspn)
    -sea salt to taste
    -black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
    -2 tbspns of soy sauce

CHOP UP YOUR VEGGIES AND TOSS EVERYTHING IN A CROCK POT ON THE VERY LOW SETTING. THIS IS FOR MONDAY MEAL MAYBE TUESDAY AS WELL....
    Add about 4 to 8 ounces of your of lean steak / roast meat... can try chicken, fish or shrimp... this sauce will taste great on fish (add fish seasoning to the veggies if your are doing it for fish... im not sure about shrimp.. try it and share with me your results.

ANYWAY.... i dont always season my meat separately i normally just throw it in. I allow this to cook over night. okay next night.
    take about 4 to 6 ounces of cauliflower place it on aluminum foil. dip out about an 1/8 of a cup of the 'sauce' making sure to grab some of the peppers as well. pour on top of the cauliflower. close it tight with the aluminum place it in a glass baking dish.... bake for about 20 to 30 minutes (until very soft). put the cauliflower in a bowl and mash it well. put on your plate add your meat with more sauce if you like. i also add some green veggie on the side or a salad... if i do a salad here is my dressing recipe:
    - 1/8 cup yellow mustard
    -2 tspn cinnamon
    -juice from 1 lemon
    -liquid splenda (to taste)
    tspn Apple cider vinegar
    YUMMY!!! Hope this helps.....
  • kimbaclay
    kimbaclay Posts: 81
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • curlyelm
    curlyelm Posts: 73
    Options
    hey - what does 'bump' mean? x
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    bump is a way for you to put that topic under my topics so you don't have to search as hard for it:)