how many calories should you eat on a non-workout day?

Options
I am trying to figure out if I should stick to the 1200 calories on my non-workout days or add on. When I stick to the 1200 on those days mpf says that I am starving myself. Obviously, I am not sleeping away the day on a non-workout day so I am burning something ...

Anyway, I am finding that I am always up in weight after my non-workout days and I find this frustrating. Any advice???

Replies

• cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    i like to do a 'mini workout' on my non workout days - helps remind your body that you still want to burn!

its quick and easy

4 mins jumping jacks
    some crunches
    some push ups
    and 2 more minutes jumping jacks!
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I do some form of cardio every single day. 1/2 of the time I run, some days I swim, bike, elliptical, stairmaster. I also try to get in some weight training on many days.
    Just stay active, if that means walking at lunch, full blown workouts, or whatever. I have had a lot of success just following this website's advise on daily calorie intake.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    MFP gives you a total based on your activity level and the amount of weight you want to loose per week. Mine is 1200 as long as I reach that I don't get the little starvation message.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i like to do a 'mini workout' on my non workout days - helps remind your body that you still want to burn!

its quick and easy

4 mins jumping jacks
    some crunches
    some push ups
    and 2 more minutes jumping jacks!

So, your 'non-workout' day is not a non-workout day! I am just recovering from too much working out - maybe tomorrow I'll do something...
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest adding in some squats and investing in a skipping rope. Easy 10min workout right there!
  • Beth724
    Beth724 Posts: 4
    Options
    I find that sticking to 1500-1600 calories a day, no matter if I work out or not, keeps the weight coming off. You might be putting your body in starvation mode by eating so little calories. Eat a little more for a few days and see what happens for you.
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    My advice would be to get off the scale. Set one day a week that is your routine weigh-day. Focus on limiting your sodium and being a consistent-ish eater. It sounds like you're doing great, you have achieved INSPIRING results!

Something you might want to consider is including a 30 minute walk to your daily routine in the morning in addition to your workout routine. It's all part of a healthy lifestyle :-D.

Good luck beautiful, you're doing SO GOOD!!!
  • barbk28
    barbk28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you happen to have access to a Nintendo Wii with the Wii Fit game.....the hula hoop game is excelllent! It's fun and really does give a good mini workout! Between counting my calories on here and fitness games for the Wii...I've lost about 10 pounds since Christmas and i'm starting on my next 15 pounds.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I would stick to that on non-work out days. Since you aren't burning off extra calories, you wouldn't want to eat more. That's just my opinion....but I know my husband eats 500 lower calories on his non workout days.

Good luck!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to get off the scale. Set one day a week that is your routine weigh-day. Focus on limiting your sodium and being a consistent-ish eater. It sounds like you're doing great, you have achieved INSPIRING results!

Something you might want to consider is including a 30 minute walk to your daily routine in the morning in addition to your workout routine. It's all part of a healthy lifestyle :-D.

Good luck beautiful, you're doing SO GOOD!!!

Agree!
  • Suezan
    Suezan Posts: 4
    Options
    I invested in an XBox 360 with Kinect the Your shape program is good for instance you can achieve the following (i've logged these in exercise database)

Zen workout 12 minutes 25 calories
    Cardio Boxing Bronze Level 10 minutes 49 calories
    Cardio Boxing Silver Level 8 Minutes 64 calories
    Bollywood Dancing 4 minutes 14 calories

the Zen is a bit like Yoga sort of stretches you out . Good thing with this is you can break it up in four minute sets as thats the length of most of the activities