Losing but struggling

Okay so I am losing but every pound has been a battle. I eat. Trust me I eat. I am doing my cardio and I am hit or miss on some strength training. I am always under on my net but not by much. I should mention that I am hypothyroid that is not well under control just yet so my metabolism is still not firing like it should. That is why the calorie watch is so important. I do something everyday. Even if I can just squeeze in a little workout. I think I might be over doing it. I could use some advice on a good system that can be done in a hotel room. (I travel a lot for work and the gyms in some hotels creep me out.) I want to go to cardio every other day and strength/toning everyother day. Maybe something with light wieght and resistance bands so I can pack them with me or a video I can play on my laptop. I just know that with the hour of cardio that I do most days and how careful I have been with my calories, I should be down more.

Replies

• blessedwith3boys
    blessedwith3boys Posts: 136 Member
    What is the weather like where you are? You might try to get in some walking weather permiting.
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Depends on the day but it has not been dry enough to even think about trudging outside for months now. I do miss being outside!
  • Max_Power
    Max_Power Posts: 84 Member
    Sounds like you just described the original Power 90 (not P90x). It is a dvd workout that alternates cardio and strength every other day. It also comes with a decent amount of nutrition info... It is about $70 though on beachbody.com, but well worth it in my opinion. It is definitely something you could do in a hotel room, it even comes with a set of resistance bands. Search this site for it and you'll find some threads about to see what people think.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    if your hotel room has a DVD, then pack your favorite DVD with you along with some bands. Otherwise, you can do the bands on your own or perhaps use the laptop as a DVD player.

To fire your metabolism, be sure that you are eating 6 small meals every day. Eating every 2-3 hours of food that consists of a balance between carbs and protein. INcrease your lean protein-it goes a lot further than any carb. Choose healthy carbs like veggies or whole grains and be sure to not overdo it on portion size when it comes to whole grains, as those carbs can add up quickly. Best to stick with lots of veggies.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Listen to your body, you said you travel a lot, try purchasing a set of resistance bands, they usually have a door attachment and you can really get a full blown workout in.
    Talk to your doctor about what you are doing, a medical condition can really influence what is happening.
    Good Luck