Starting Power 90 -Day 1

Options
Hello Everyone from the O - H! I - O!

I am on Day 1 of Power 90 and looking for buddies. I added the workout to my exercise diary. I found out on average you burn 400-450 calroies for sculpt 1-2 and sweat 1-2 as well. I do not understand why adding strength building exercises does not calculate calories burned. Am I missing something?

Replies

• RochelleBlack
    Options
    Not that I'm aware-I find that strange as well. You can always add strength training as circuit training or just add whatever you are doing as an exercise and estimate the calories. If you have a HRM no need to estimate!

Good luck with power 90! I love BB workouts!~
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am on Day 8 of P90 and loving it.

You need to put your strength training in the upper portion of your exercise as well. Then you will show calories burned. MFP is just an estimate though. A HRM with chest strap is the best way to determine actual calories burned.

The bottom portion of the exercise tab, the Strength portion, is more for keeping track of weights and reps, not logging calories burned.

Hope this helps.
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on Day 7 of P90. Welcome to the family! :smile:

Sharon
  • sloopygirls
    sloopygirls Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello Fitness Pals!

I am on completed day 4 yesterday and I am taking today as a day of rest, I will probaly do some light cardio to keep on track but I am definately going to watch my calories! @ MS Producer - We have the same starting weight and close to the same ending goal! We are both the same height as well. I started tracking calories Jan. 5th and started adding exercises (tredmill and other things) as I awaited Power 90 to arrive. Last Sunday I weighed in and lost 9 lbs, then I started Powe 90 on wednesday, completed 4 days and want to make Sundays my day of rest. So I am also making Sundays my offical weigh in day! I got on the scale and WOOT WOOT - I lost another 3lbs! I am down 12 and feeling good. 36 more to go to reach 155! I can't wait to take my 30 days photo!

How is going so far for you?
  • sloopygirls
    Options
    Day 13 - down 13 lbs, switched the fat burner express for the sweat workout! Loved the fast pace! Really got my heart rate up! Asked for a new coach -Brent is going to help me stay on track and answer questions. I can't wait to post a 30 day photo. I already feel thiner, healthier and happy! How is everyone else progressing?
  • ak21211
    ak21211 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    can someone tell me what this power 90 is about? i'm new here!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Day 13 - down 13 lbs, switched the fat burner express for the sweat workout! Loved the fast pace! Really got my heart rate up! Asked for a new coach -Brent is going to help me stay on track and answer questions. I can't wait to post a 30 day photo. I already feel thiner, healthier and happy! How is everyone else progressing?

Thanks for the intro :blushing: you're too kind :) You're doing great!
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    can someone tell me what this power 90 is about? i'm new here!

Power 90 is a home workout DVD from Beachbody featuring trainer Tony Horton. You may have heard of him from P90X, his extreme home fitness program. Power 90 is an earlier program and is geared more towards beginners. Several people on the forums here use/have used it with great results. I'm into my second round of Power 90 and have lost over 60 pounds to date. You can find out more by going to www.beachbody.com and searching for Power 90.
  • nikolie93
    Options
    Hey Brent! Congrats on the weight loss to date :)

I am using the Power 90 videos (1-2 right now) but since I have a hard time staying on track with the same videos day in and day out, I am doing a variation. I am wondering if you too supplements to aid in your weight loss or is just strictly diet and working out?

Thanks!
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    Hey Brent! Congrats on the weight loss to date :)

I am using the Power 90 videos (1-2 right now) but since I have a hard time staying on track with the same videos day in and day out, I am doing a variation. I am wondering if you too supplements to aid in your weight loss or is just strictly diet and working out?

Thanks!

Hi there!

I'm a creature of habit so the repetitive nature of Power 90 works well for me. I have Shakeology for breakfast every day and I take the Beachbody Performance formula tablets pre-workout and the P90X recovery drink post-workout. That's it :)
  • sloopygirls
    Options
    Day 23 of Power 90! Only 7 days away from day 30. Hoping the 30 day photo looks better than my before picture!
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    Great commitment! Don't forget to take your measurements too, that;s where I saw my biggest changes at first.
  • dfresh926
    dfresh926 Posts: 48
    Options
    GOOOOOOD PROGRAM IM DOIN P90X . STICK WITH IT MAMMA!! STICK WITH IT!! WISH THERE WERE BIGGER LETTERS SO I COULD YELL AT YOU. HEHE IT WORKS
  • angela1435
    Options
    Anyone still around? I am doing P90. Just did day 1 Strength. This is the second time I have tried this. Didn't stay with it long the first time. I think I am more determined this go aroung though. :)
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options