energy

Options
just wondering what people eat through out the day to give themselves energy when it comes time to their workouts or just energy throughout the day. lately i have been feeling really tired and sluggish (don't know if its the long drawn out winter in MN or not) and when it comes to my workouts i feel like each leg weighs a ton.

any suggestions?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Minnesotan----I believe strongly that our energy levels are dictated by our blood sugar levels. That being said, eating a balanced snack/meal of carbs/protein every 2-3 hours will keep your blood sugar at more even keel instead of spiking and crashing all day long-which is just zapping you of energy.
  • ambernwms
    ambernwms Posts: 27
    Options
    I drink this mix called amino energy. They sell it at gnc and online! you can adjust the powder to whatever energy level you want.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    right now that I am doing insanity, I feel it helps to just eat a bit more carbs! right now for breakfast I am addding some sweet potatoe along with my normal breakfast! Oatmeal is good also! Another thing I have found usefull is drinking my recovery drink while I workout!
  • ashlee2407
    ashlee2407 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use beachbody's shakeology...it gives me a HUGE boost without making me feel like I'm on something lol :)
  • Jessi527
    Jessi527 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am taking a women's vitapak from GNC. It has a green tea supplement and I find that when I take it before a workout I have extra energy and then some ! Good luck
  • thomasmarnold
    Options
    Try Clif bars, they have a good amount of carbs and Protein and you can get 6 bars for $6.00 at Walmart. They really sustain you through a long workout.
  • kimdummermuth
    Options
    I do arbonnes energy fizz drink. It is natural energy and you don't get a boost and then drop. High-energy fizz tabs help boost and sustain energy. I love that I feel good all day with just one. Contains natural ingredients to help control hunger and appetite too!!! So great with trying to lose weight.. its clinically proven ingredients help increase metabolism. Some of the key ingredients are Green tea, ginseng, guarana, taurine and rhodiola.
    Also watch your sugar in take. I have noticed when I eat somethng high in sugar I want the stuff that isn't good for me and I am more tired..