Need support

Options
I've been using MFP for a little over a month now. I lost 14 pounds so far, but now I got stuck there. I haven't lost anymore. and I feel very frustrated, I've been eating the same way, doing excercise, but no changes. I don't want to quit. Please some advices.
Thank you.

Replies

• deandt
    deandt Posts: 20
    Options
    That could be the problem. You need to shock your metabolism once in a while by eating something bad.

Also have you changed your starting weight in your settings to your new weight? As with the amount lost you should do this as your recomended amounts will change.
  • tabathamaree
    Options
    Do you switch things up while exercising? I know the body can get used to do the same things over and over and it is a great idea to throw a few curveballs in there. Also, switching up what you eat can help. Still think healthy just venture out of the regular routine. And rememberrrrr muscle weighs more than fat! I'd go by measurements over scale #s. Good luck and keep going! Its better to maintain a healthier weight than to quit and regain + lbs.
  • EmilyJ1979
    EmilyJ1979 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Looked at your diary and it looks as though you're not eating enough- that could be the problem?
  • k80mac
    k80mac Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I agree with shocking the system a little or mixing things up a bit. Not that I have much room to talk, b/c I'm floundering between 9 and 11 lb loss, but I know where I'm going wrong.

Try changing up the type of exercise, or adding 5 minutes onto the routine?

I just looked at a pp....I agree, if that's all you're eating, you need to actually eat more. Get up closer to 1200 minimum. Your body is hoarding now b/c it may think its starving.
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    Keep going! Spring is coming, change up your exercises, get a buddy...DON'T BE FRUSTRATED!
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    There is a chance your body needs more fuel to boost your metabolism. You are eating under 1200 cals in general, which isn't good for your system. Have you tried to boost up your calorie intake?
  • godsgiftjcp
    Options
    Checked your diary and you dont eat enough calories. U should also add sugar to your diary so that you can track it. I see you have a few high sugar foods that you eat. Once your body has too much sugar, it turns to fat
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I too am stuck at the 13-14 pounds.

But like everyone else said, change it up! I was eating 1600, now I'm going to try 1500. If that doesn't work, I'm going to change my workout routine.

Keep up the good work!
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    That could be the problem. You need to shock your metabolism once in a while by eating something bad.

Also have you changed your starting weight in your settings to your new weight? As with the amount lost you should do this as your recomended amounts will change.

Totally forgot about that, I will change it right away. Thanks!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    If you are working out at all you are going to need much more food than you are currently eating, you need a min of the protein that mfp recommends, I recommend double that to the tune of 1g for every pound of body weight if you are training at all. In addition try getting more fiber into your diet, pertty much all the legumes are great for that. Even if you opt for a protein shake with breakfast as an easy way to get it in. Walmart carries body fortress protein powders, they taste good are low cal and you get 26g of protein. To avoid plateaus you need to shake up the diet once every 2 or 3 weeks have a cheat day, eat what you want, contrary to what you may think the body needs 1200 cal/day and the better the diet from those 1200 cals the better it reacts. Add some spinach and broccoli into the diet as well as some almonds and peanuts for those all important unsaturated fats. You will be super high on energy and you will drop weight like nothing. Trust me I tried the super low cal diet and it stopped me dead in my tracks after 3 weeks. I then switched to a much cleaner diet and I drop weight no problem now consistently for 3 months without fail. O and i also say that not all calories are created equal, cals in vs cals out does not always work for weight loss, where those cals come from means just as much as the number.
  • alexa_image
    Options
    If you are working out at all you are going to need much more food than you are currently eating, you need a min of the protein that mfp recommends, I recommend double that to the tune of 1g for every pound of body weight if you are training at all. In addition try getting more fiber into your diet, pertty much all the legumes are great for that. Even if you opt for a protein shake with breakfast as an easy way to get it in. Walmart carries body fortress protein powders, they taste good are low cal and you get 26g of protein. To avoid plateaus you need to shake up the diet once every 2 or 3 weeks have a cheat day, eat what you want, contrary to what you may think the body needs 1200 cal/day and the better the diet from those 1200 cals the better it reacts. Add some spinach and broccoli into the diet as well as some almonds and peanuts for those all important unsaturated fats. You will be super high on energy and you will drop weight like nothing. Trust me I tried the super low cal diet and it stopped me dead in my tracks after 3 weeks. I then switched to a much cleaner diet and I drop weight no problem now consistently for 3 months without fail. O and i also say that not all calories are created equal, cals in vs cals out does not always work for weight loss, where those cals come from means just as much as the number.

Thank you very much for the tips
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Fourteen pounds in a month is a lot of weight to lose in one month, and the rest of the pounds will probably come off slowly. I'm not even sure why you're upset at this point. You've been on the program for a month, lost fourteen pounds, and should be pretty happy with that. Losing another fourteen pounds over the next month isn't a realistic goal, and far exceeds the two pounds a week recommendation. If you stay focused, keep counting your calories, and keep exercising, you'll meet your weight-loss goals, but it takes time.
  • Lindac67241
    Lindac67241 Posts: 314
    Options
    Just keep doing what you are doing.....a major SWOOOOSH, is coming!!!! Drink lots of water, watch your salt intake and you are on your waaaaaaaaaay!

I agree with Deandt.... once a week have something you really want at one meal only, then back to being strict on the diet again. You h ave to mix it up like he says at least once a week.

i.e. 1200 calories a day for 6 days, then 1700 calories for 1 day. You have to learn to trick your metabolism. Maybe 3 days strict, 4th day go up on your calories, and then 3 days back being strict.

You got to play with it. Like Jimmydean says above, 14 lbs is nothing to sneeze at you are waaaaaaay ahead of the game.
  • alexa_image
    Options
    Just keep doing what you are doing.....a major SWOOOOSH, is coming!!!! Drink lots of water, watch your salt intake and you are on your waaaaaaaaaay!

I agree with Deandt.... once a week have something you really want at one meal only, then back to being strict on the diet again. You h ave to mix it up like he says at least once a week.

i.e. 1200 calories a day for 6 days, then 1700 calories for 1 day. You have to learn to trick your metabolism. Maybe 3 days strict, 4th day go up on your calories, and then 3 days back being strict.

You got to play with it. Like Jimmydean says above, 14 lbs is nothing to sneeze at you are waaaaaaay ahead of the game.

Thank you very much for the tip, is really interesting. I'm going to try that. We have to keep up the good work so far
    Thanks.