Gym Tips

Options
Just a couple of tips for people using the gym.

1. Don't do the same routine everytime you go so remember to try new things everytime. (your body quickly adapts so weight loss slows down)

2. Try Kettlebell routines instead of crosstrainers or treadmills. Half hour kettlebell routine will help you shed the lbs far quicker than these other exercises :wink:

3. Remember a workout is about quality not quantity so running for an hour could be less effective than a intense 30min circuit training session.

Good luck and make sure you don't stop and chat all the time :bigsmile:

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    What are some kettleball routines that I could do?
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am focusing more on the elliptical training right now, but I don't do the same one each time rather I will different trainings when I go. So one day I might do one on cardio, weight loss, or interval training. It varies it up for me and gives me a change of pace. But thanks for the kettlebell idea I might look into that!
  • peebs82
    peebs82 Posts: 7
    Options
    Start with a kettlebell you are comfortable with (weight)

1. Start in the squat position with your back straight and eyes looking forward and hold the kettlebell between your legs. Then rise up bringing the kettlebell up above your head always remembering to keep your arms locked straight all the way up. Then return to the aquat position and repeat 10 - 15 times and do 3 sets. The rythm you create should bear the weight of the kettlebell rather than your arms. So to repeat squat with straight back and rise up bring your arms and kettlebell all the way up until you are standing straight and then back to the start position. Make sure you do it as fast as you can. Half measures availed us nothing :-)

Another one is again use the squat position with your back straight and pass the kettlebell in a figure of 8 between your legs at least 10 times and repeat for 3 sets. You will really feel your glutes ache after this one :-)

Good Luck