HELP!! I want to lose 30 lbs by June 20!

Options
I'm going on vacation with my family in June! I weight 179 at the moment...since I started MFP 2 weeks ago today, I've lost 5-6 lbs. does 30 lbs by June 20th, seem unrealistic? Am I setting my goal to high?

Replies

• ztkraf01
    ztkraf01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    that's like 2 lbs per week. seems realistic to me but you have to do cardio a lot and have a strict diet. i lost 50 lbs a couple years ago and did it in about 5-6 months so its possible
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It's possible, but it will be tough. You'll really have to stick to your diet and exercise every day. You'll probably hit a plateau as well. Just keep at it and eat as many nutrient dense foods as you can.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight between the end of July and the end of November, so I think it's possible.
  • princesschikee
    Options
    Make sure you add weight lifting and clean eating into your routine as this will help make it happen. 2lbs a week is doable. Good luck.
    It would help knowing what your eating and work out habits are.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't hit your goal. It is still a goal to work for and you will be better off by June 20th having done this than not. Right?

Plus you need to make this about the rest of your life. Set milestone goals but keep the rest of your healthy life in mind so you never have to 'Start all over again'.

:flowerforyou:

ZH
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Make every single day count - You can do this!
  • Mollywater
    Mollywater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds in four months on Weight Watchers a couple years ago, AND kept it off until I got pregnant with twins!