My boobies are 'phoning it in'

Options
If you've ever done a Jillian Michaels DVD you know she likes the phrase 'don't phone it in'. Meaning, give it all you got. Well while working out my boobs 'phone it in' because I have to hold the girls in during any kind of jumping activity. Any of you ladies have that problem? I have an Enell sports bra but it's too big now. I sold it on Ebay and have a smaller size ordered but for now the girls are LOOSE! LOL I have a cheapie Walmart sports bra but it's pretty much like wearing nothing at all. Do you have to hold the girls in during any of your workouts?

LeAnn

Replies

• xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yep im exactly the same! I hold on to them when working out at home but when i go to zumba i have a sports bra, supportive vest top (its actually a maternity one but fab support) another vest type top(maternity again but wide straps) and then a loose top over the top! It sounds drastic but its the only way i can control them!! :blushing:
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    {sigh} Wish I had that problem. My girls tuck in nicely with a Wal-Mart sports bra. It probably helps that I also wear a sports tank top on top of the bra. But I have heard of people doubling up their sports bras for better support.

Good luck.
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I wear two of those Wal-Mart bras with one of the maternity bra-tank things over it and I still bounce!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    One week out of every month, I have to when jumping or running. The rest of the time, they're ok in a bra minimizer that I bought at Maidenform ages ago. I'm only a 36C, so I don't understand why I'd have to hold them, but they usually pump up to a 38D and that seems to be the threashold for me. Luckily I only work out a home or I'd get some looks! :laugh:

Hurts like a mother-effer though. I bought a special top last week, so I'm hoping that will do something next week when I have to worry about the girls again.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Are you buying them small enough? I have D's and don't have that problem..
  • chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    yup just did day 1 of 30 day shred and had to do all the cardio holding my boobs! so annoying!
  • buffyjustme29
    buffyjustme29 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im like erin i wear 2 layers i wear a sports bra for comfort and then an ordinary wired one over the top. Between the two they are pretty well supported and mine are pretty big.
  • Roukie
    Roukie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra and than a sports bra over that and it helps quite a bit, not perfect but better than without.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I used to but they have finally shrunk down to a normal size for a male. Still a little bit of wiggle but its going a way!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem without a nice, snug-fitting sport bra. You're doing damage to the muscles underneath if you're letting them bounce around at all. Those of us so-called blessed to be well-endowed have the curse actually. Go to ****'s or a good sporting goods store and invest in 2-3 GOOD bras. Try them on and make sure they hold you snugly. If you have to make do for now, try adding a second one over the first or the sport bra over your regular bra...see if that helps. OR, I also have some of those summer tops with the "built-in" bras. I used to wear one of those over the so-called cheapy sport bras I had before. That helped a little bit but you really need a good, snug bra to keep from bouncing. I do Zumba and jog and I'm a 36 D and don't have any problems with the new bras. Good luck, let us know what works for you when you find it. Holding them down is going to limit your movement and therefore your workout and calorie burn.
  • jadedjade24
    jadedjade24 Posts: 127
    Options
    yep, same thing, but I found that if I wear a regulare bra that fits a little snug under a tank top that has a built in bra...they hold pretty good, but not perfect. I hope to get a good sports bra soon, but until then, this works for me.
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Before I lost weight my bra size was a 42F (ya I know :frown: ) But now I'm a 40 or 38DD so they're a little easier to contain.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I wear two sports bras. Always. Mine don't move an cm while I work out or run.
  • habibti
    habibti Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have some "heavy duty, high impact" Champion ones, that work really well, except for things like the 30 Day Shred cardio segments or anything similar. Then I'm holding them!
  • barbacasec
    barbacasec Posts: 106
    Options
    I found the BEST sports bras ever.... By Under Armour - they have ones that zip up the front!! I am a 38 DD and I wear that thing and I can run 7 miles without any jiggle!!! LOVE IT..... they are about $44 dollars and worth EVERY PENNY!! I now have saved up and have 3!! I say the 2 most important things when working out are your SHOES and your SPORTS BRA's once you have those two things you can wear what ever else you want to work out- so I save my money for those!!! Good luck!!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I was holding them in doing the 30 Day Shred! Jumping jacks about killed me, butt kicks I had to hold them. I've yet to find a bra that REALLY works.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Go to walmart and pick up one of those exercise tanks that are made to soak up the sweat.. but go one size smaller. It stretches so its not uncomfortable or anything. I wear my sports bra with that over it and I promise.. ain't nothing move... not my boobs.. not my belly.. nothing lol. One of my friends does that too and suggested it when I wanted to start running but didn't want everything moving all round. You can also wear a t-shirt over top if you are going outside of the house, but inside shouldn't be a problem.
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    Before I lost weight my bra size was a 42F (ya I know :frown: ) But now I'm a 40 or 38DD so they're a little easier to contain.

Youre so lucky! I was expecting to lose the girls 1st but 23lbs down and ive gone from a 42GG down to a 38GG im praying they will shrink at some point!
  • mightymaiden
    mightymaiden Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Dont worry ladies, I have the same problem with me moobs. Pain in the *kitten*!!!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    There are some great deals at KMart for champion sports bras (and I'm a new fan). I'm now in the B range, however (my largest cup size was a D....)