wii fit?

Options
is the wiif fit good? is it actual exercise??

Replies

• MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Yes it is, much better than nothing at all, but I find Wii Active to burn more calories. I have both.
  • lhuber1105
    lhuber1105 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I personally hate it--just don't feel like I get enough from it---to slow--I hate waiting for it to set between workouts!!
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I love my wii fit. I have lost 26 pounds in 2 months (tomorrow) and that is what I do 90% of the time.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I LOVE IT! LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!
    And My whole family gets involved!!! Even the 3 year old!!!!
  • dmcgee
    dmcgee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great way to start...you can get a good cardio workout just keep adding time to more difficult games.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I also love the Just Dance and things like that!!!
  • hoosiermama44
    Options
    I imagine it depends on your fitness level and also what you put into it. For me - it is REALLY exercise, I wear a bodymedia fit and it registers as moderate to vigorous activity depending on what I do. I try to do the running/stepping a few times to get it up there. It's also so much fun you don't feel like you are working out. And bonus that I can do it with my kids and not try to worry about getting a babysitter just to work out!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Yes it is, much better than nothing at all, but I find Wii Active to burn more calories. I have both.

This.

If you're going to get Wii Fit, go for Wii Fit Plus instead. It has customizable and pre-made routines so you don't have to wait between exercises. I like it a lot. But I alternate between Fit Plus and EA Sports Active 2. Active 2 is a more intense workout. I think they're both good games to have in your library, especially if you're just getting started with exercise.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    you should get ea sports active 2 for wii insteed. so much better!!!!!!
    plus it tracks your heart rate calorie burned etc on their website and you can see charts to see if you are improving.
    its awesome. used resistant bands and really gets you sweating.
    i also have the wii fitt plus. its alright. i use it to weigh myself, and do a few work outs but mainly it just sits there.
  • JustVibeWithMe
    Options
    I have Wii fit and its a great start as well as a great in between for my P90X training.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I've been using my Wii Fit for 2 years, just the original Fit Plus program, and so far I'm down a total of 22 pounds (7 before I joined MFP, 15 more since I added calorie counting to my strategy in January). It works for me! There are far more vigorous ways to work out, but I am personally not fond of anything that leaves me dripping with sweat.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I also love the Just Dance and things like that!!!

thats all i do as far as cardio right now! im very out of shape, and it tricks me into exercising by causing me to have fun! i stick to fast songs and i really get a workout :)
  • apollopom1
    apollopom1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been using my Wii Fit, along with the treadmill, every day. Some of the exercises do not exert me anymore (advanced step) but some, like the hula hoop one on duration can get the heart going. Just keep upping the games to the higher levels the more you do them. Boxing on the 10 minute level is good, too. I've lost 25lbs in just under two months doing 30minutes on Wii and 25 on my treadmill. Occassionally more on the treadmill if I've eaten too much. I think it's great if you are just starting out exercising. It may not be challenging if you are already highly active.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    We have all of those but I really have have using the Wii Active 2. It has a 3 week program and 9 week programs. Each of those have 3 levels, I have been doing the easy level which isnt too easy. Also each day you exercise its different. So it give you a variety instead of doing the same thing all the time, Which I get bored with.
  • Mishy013023
    Mishy013023 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOVE using the Wii Fit and it is def better than doing nothing... also the Jenny McCarthy "Your Shape" is AWESOME!!! it kicks ur but... comes with a camera and you follow her and watch urself as you are doing to workout it corrects you and has tutorials and will give you stats and keep track its awesome!

I do both of those in congruance with Zumba Yoga and Low Impact Aerobics and boy has it made a difference!!!

Good Luck!!!!
  • itsjustme77
    itsjustme77 Posts: 102
    Options
    I really need to get the motion plus, and let's say that I do, what games do you all recommend? I have the regular Wii Fit and I am getting kind of bored with it. I really am just looking for cardio. I don't really want to do anything that involves me laying on the floor.