Nutrient Summary Question & others - HELP!

Options
I've been dieting and exercising for a while now and not seeing results like I'd like so I started using the sitesite about a week ago and I love it, but I'm confused about one thing:

When I look at the daily Nutrient Summary there is: TOTAL / GOAL / LEFT. I notice that the goal changes each day for things like fat/carbs/protein, etc.. Can someone tell me how I use that information to help guide me? For instance, one day it says my total fat intake was 15g, goal was 54g, with 39g left. The next day the goals were MUCH different. I don't see the goals change daily for things like vitamins, minerals, sodium, etc.. and that makes perfect sense. I'm curious why it would ever tell me to try to consume 54g of fat in a day!

Also, I'm logging somewhere near 1300 calories burned per day in various exercises - I'm a workout junkie - and I'm staying at my 1200 calorie limit or under it. In other words, I'm not consuming the calories that I burned through the exercise - I'm not eating 2500 calories just because I worked off 1300 through exercise. Is this the right thing to do or should I be eating more? The pounds aren't falling off and I worried that my body is in starvation mode. Can anyone help?

Finally - I need some friends! Anyone willing? I know that sounds desperate but I believe that it really does take a village...

Thanks in advance to all,
Talisha

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    The goals change when exercise is added.

And yes, you should be eating more.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    The goals are the same every day, but they change as you log your exercise. The more exercise you log, the more you get. Hope this helps.
  • pasturecove
    Options
    Thanks so much! As I exercise should I really be increasing my fat intake to compensate? Are those goals reliable? They just seem so high.
  • pasturecove
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    the carb, fat and protein are recommended and are based on a percentage of your total calories for the day

I manually adjusted mine by lowering the carbs and increasing the fat and protein...it is a personal preference based on what my body responds to

if you are eating less than 1200 calories per day, but burning 1300...your body might not be getting enough nutrients to continue at this rate..the site recommends you eat at least 1200 per day, not under...you might want to talk to your doctor or a nutritionist

also...if you open up your food diary...people might be able to give you more feedback
  • pasturecove
    Options
    the carb, fat and protein are recommended and are based on a percentage of your total calories for the day

I manually adjusted mine by lowering the carbs and increasing the fat and protein...it is a personal preference based on what my body responds to

if you are eating less than 1200 calories per day, but burning 1300...your body might not be getting enough nutrients to continue at this rate..the site recommends you eat at least 1200 per day, not under...you might want to talk to your doctor or a nutritionist

also...if you open up your food diary...people might be able to give you more feedback

Thanks! I opened up the diary. I'm still very confused about whether or not to consume the calories that I've burned. I'm in a calorie deficit most days which I thought was the goal. 3500 calories = 1 pound so I was aiming to be in a deficit of 6000-7000 per week. Am I doing it all wrong? I've also noticed that I'm overdoing it on the carbs and sodium on some days so I at least see where I need to improve.
  • 0mega60
    0mega60 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    "Energy and persistence conquer all things"

"Ενέργεια και επιμονή κατακτήσει όλα τα πράγματα"

try to join some groups asap...:)