Noob in need of friends to keep me accountable!

Options
Hello everyone!

My name is Raina and I am 20 years old. I have been battling with my weight since I was 9, and later found out that the weight gain was due to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. At 10 years old, I weighed 157 pounds. The lowest weight I have been was 120, but usually I have been able to keep my weight around 140-155.

Since I met my husband back in 2008, I have gained 65 pounds. I now weigh 215 pounds and I am miserable. I have red stretch marks on my arms, chest, and legs that are a constant reminder of the weight gain. I wear a size 16 in pants, and my ultimate goal is to fit into a size 8 and be 140 pounds.

We want to start having kids in about 5 years, but my biggest fear is that I will still be heavy when I get pregnant. I want to be able to be fit and much smaller when I get pregnant so my baby is healthy, and also so I don't balloon to over 250 pounds or something when I eventually do get pregnant.

I want to feel good FOR ME. A fresh start is just what I need right now.

I would love to have a few friends on My Fitness Pal to keep me accountable and to share my successes and failures with.

Replies

• loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome...sending you a request. This is a great place for support!
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me!
  • Daria74
    Daria74 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Raina, I just joined in January, feel free to add me. I feel your pain, I had cysts also & the hormone therapy the doctor prescribed to me to help shrink the cysts made me gain 75 pounds. I have spent 6 years trying to take it off without success, I have since started a new health regime & have had some success, never give up, you can do this!
  • misskelly121
    Options
    Hey, we are around the same age and I started exactly where you are. Ive been on here for a month and Im down 15 lbs so far! The people on here are great. Id love to be friends... Sending a request!
  • eleonoreOU
    eleonoreOU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ADD ME!!!! :)
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Welcome - i will sen du a request! I also have PO so we be good to chat to u xxx
  • bridgetteamie
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I just joined myself and could use all the support I can get as well. This is really eye opening and enlightening all at the same time.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Welcome.... I know how you feel, I've put on weight 2 stone since i met my husband... Managed to lose most of it but still few pounds to go. Sending you request now :flowerforyou:
  • yvettebbgrl
    yvettebbgrl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hey i'm new too!!!!! we can stick together through this ;)
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I just added you.

Marriage does seem to increase the weight gain. It is reversable though!
  • Daria74
    Options
    Fuzzymel,

boy does marriage increase the weight gain, since meeting my hubby I have gained 100lbs! {in a 20year span}
  • Daria74
    Options
    Fuzzymel,

boy does marriage increase the weight gain, since meeting my hubby I have gained 100lbs! {in a 20year span}
  • gshan
    gshan Posts: 1
    Options
    I am the same. Keep strong and just work it!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Welcome i am sending you a friends request also !
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • kbloodworth
    kbloodworth Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Raina,

I'm new in need of friends too. I'll send you a friend request. I just started about a week ago. I know it seems so difficult when you have health conditions that complicate the process, but it is still possible. Good for you, for thinking about the future and workking to get yourself healthy before you have children!
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    BUMP