New Loser!

Options
Hey All, I recently decided to use myfitnesspal to help me get back into good health and loose those pounds. I am 24, a graduate of texas tech with a chemical engineering degree and recently got a new job. With the new job I decided I needed to make a commitment to better myself by education, work knowledge and experience and of course...health and fitness. I am anemic and a very VERY picky eater, so dieting and losing weight has always been a struggle. It is only day two of using the android myfitnesspal app and already I have been shocked at how many calories go in my mouth! Today I packed food with more thought than I did yesterday, got water instead of soda, got fruit instead of cinnamon toast crunch and going to have grilled chicken instead of chicken nuggets tonight. I know this will take awhile to lose the weight, but I know I can do it.

So, that being said.... here's to being a big loser! (loser of pounds of course!)

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Nikki! You can do this!!!!
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I agree totally with seeing all those cals add up when you don't even realize it! It's all about making small changes at first, and then step into bigger changes in my diet (at least for me). I am cutting out soday entirely! I can't just drink water plain all the time lol...so crystal light is a good alt. I wish u the best of luck in your journey! ;)
  • crystal22_88
    Options
    Hi Nikkiullis!

Hi Everyone. My name is Crystal. I am 26 years old and a mother of three. About 18 months ago I was diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy. I have several medications that I have to take daily, my exercise level is very restricted, I can take in less than 1000 mg of sodium daily, and my doctor wants me to lose atleast 75lbs. I haven't been following his directions and recently had some inflammation around my heart that really scared me. Now my focus is on following the doctor's orders. Any advice on dealing with this condition or low sodium meal plan ideas would be very much appreciated.
  • Daria74
    Daria74 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP!

I did the same thing, {go into shock } when I saw how many calories I was consuming, man oh man!
    Feel free to add me!
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    Welcome! You seem motivated and already two days into using MFP, you are making better choices! You will reach you goal in no time if you keep that mind set! Good luck!
  • jeromy75
    jeromy75 Posts: 112
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to be. You can add me. :happy:
  • Daria74
    Daria74 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi crystal22_88

I have congestive heart failure & i have some low sodium information at home, I will find it when I get off work & share some info with you, talk to your doctor because he should have referred you to a dietitian to help you.
  • crystal22_88
    Options
    Hi Daria74. I do not have insurance of any kind which is one of the reasons I wasn't able to take my medicine properly. At this time I can't afford to visit a dietician, but any information and advice you have would be wonderful!