Zumba Shoes

Options
I was having a lot of trouble with my knees and ankles following Zumba. So I asked the instructor about shoes. This was her response.

"They sell "dance fitness" sneakers now that have more support for lateral movement and a smoother sole so your feet don't get "stuck" on the floor during the side steps and twists. Nike makes the Musique that are fairly inexpensive (well, at least in the world of Nike tennis shoes, they're fairly inexpensive....to me they still cost too much!). These are the ones I wear and love them. However, I just noticed they have a new dance trainer that looks awesome, I’ll have to try it next. They Ryka Studio D is another shoe that MANY Zumba instructors swear by and looks like they’re even cheaper than the Nikes! I know the Nikes can be found at Finish Line, Foot Action and places like that, but I’m not sure if the Rykas are sold there too or not. Good luck finding a good shoe that works for you! "

I ended up buying the Nike Musique shoes and they work well. I dont have any more trouble with my knees/ankles.

Replies

• gypsie51
    gypsie51 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi I use the Nike Musique also for Zumba and I am quite happy with them although at first I found them to be rubbing on my ankles too much so I put a gel insole in and now they are fine. I have had no problem with my knees since using them either.
  • JessicaD619
    Options
    I used the Nike Huarache shoes for Zumba, and I LOVE them. I think about 1/2 the girls in my class wear them.