Really Fustrated....Biggest Loser xbox 360 kinect

Options
I just got a Kinect and decided to get the biggest loser. Went to sit up my profile last night and it won't read me. We had every light on and it still wouldn't read me. I was able to get in without creating a profile but that's not want I want to do. I want a profile so that it can track what I am doing.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know a solution to this problem. I am so upset right now!

Replies

• Baroque_Ja
    Baroque_Ja Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A lot of games that use camera's have this problem. I have a boxing game on the Playstation 3, it's supposed to see where you are to dodge punches and it doesn't read very well either. I see what some people do on youtube is hang a light coloured sheet or blanket behind them, which isn't ideal.
  • tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It seems to lose me when i lie down one way but its fine the other way. Maybe try callibrating the sensor again?
  • GodsPromises
    GodsPromises Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We tried to calibrate a couple of times will try again tonight.
  • ssawchenko
    Options
    From what I've read in forums, the Kinect requires a fairly large tracking space, roughly 6m by 6m - which seems really large to me. It also requires really good lighting.

How large is the space you are setting it up in?
  • GodsPromises
    Options
    The space seems fine, I guess it's the lightening but i don't know what to do. Other games work perfectly even at night.
    From what I've read in forums, the Kinect requires a fairly large tracking space, roughly 6m by 6m - which seems really large to me. It also requires really good lighting.

How large is the space you are setting it up in?
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    It requires high contrast, not just good lighting. If you have light-colored walls, try wearing dark clothing, and vice versa. Otherwise, if it's just THAT game causing issues, I'd be tempted to take it back.
  • GodsPromises
    Options
    Thanks I will try the contrast and also bring another lamp into the living room when using it.