West Virginia Girl Needing Encouragement

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Angela and I live in West Virginia. I am a Christian and I have 3 children. I have been a member of MFP for several weeks now, though this is my first post. Lately, I have been trying to lose weight, though I have been through an emotional roller coaster which has derailed my progress. My boyfriend of the past 3 years passed away on Feb 18th. I've fallen off the proverbial wagon, though I'm hoping to get back on the pony. Even though I haven't done very well watching what I eat, I still managed to lose a few pounds this week. I've lost a total of 20. I'm looking for some REAL friends that are trying to lose weight as well. I hope to be a source of encouragement and support. Please add me, and if you live around WV all the better! Good luck in reaching your goals!!

Replies

• Parkandchan
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss my dear. I will encourage and support you in any way I can. You can do it!
  • mommaJUJU
    mommaJUJU Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello there my friend. I am sorry to hear that you have been sick on top of everything else you are going through. You have been in my prayers as well as thoughts. We need to get together and have a girls night. Just a bunch of us ...... eating light of course LOL.
    I am always here for you.
  • softsmiles
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, believe me, I know how that one is. friend me and we can chat a bit. Don't worry, you will lose the pounds, you just have to get past one day at a time. I will be here to encourage you every step of the way!
  • cindy629
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cindy and one of the hardest things in life for me....is losing weight. My daughter found the MFP site and told me about it. I think it is a great tool and maybe I can do this. I am 54 years old and have always been "overweight" all my life. I live in Colliers, West Virginia and found this post for other West Virginians needing encouragement. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I can use all the help I can get. You see, for the past 2 years, I was walking 3 miles every morning with my neighbor. But her husband has been transferred to the Clarksburg/Fairmont area and now I have no one to walk with. We depended on each other to be there in the morning and get our walk in. So now I have to go down to the "torture chamber" in my basement and work out on some gym equipment I have bought over the years and got bored with. I have diabetes and my doctor expects me to lose weight, even though he told me that I have "metabolic syndrome" and that the only way to lose alot of weight is through gastric bypass surgery....but I am not going there. So here I am.....:flowerforyou: