Natural Eating is Ironic

Options
SaraTonin
SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
I think it's hilarious when people talk about going back to our roots. In prehistoric times our diets used to consist of mostly the things you find in a hunter-gatherer society. SO - lots and lots of berries, fruits, and nuts! And fish! And a little meat here or there.

People use it as reasoning for going mostly vegetarian, or eating a lot more fruit, but you know what else we used to eat back in prehistoric times?

BUGS. LOTS OF BUGS.

High in protein, healthy fats, and great for you.

Know what else we didn't usually grow? Grains.

So if you're really going to go on and on about what is "naturally" "supposed" to be in our diets, put down your Ezekiel bread and pick up a grasshopper.

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I read an article not too long ago about eats bugs. I believe there is something like 1500 bug species in the world that can be consumed. I'm up to try it, but my wife never would.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Haha Sara I love you. :flowerforyou:
    It's so true, though. People don't mention it but it's so true if you want to be really specific.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Sure would help solve the food shortages in a lot of the world. Ants outweigh the humans, and we can eat em!

Let's get on this!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hehe I am starting to eat all natural :] Ill make sure I save all my yummy bugs for you ^-^
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea. It will really cut my grocery bills! Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

love the logic but you won't catch me eating bugs.... not even chocolate covered ones lol
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I have to admit when we lived in South Africa we tried these dried catepillars, my hubby liked them, I did not. Mostly b/c I found them too salty.
  • Amarylis13
    Amarylis13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    yummmmm!!! bugs!
  • HalfofHilary
    Options
    Thank you for posting!!!
    *clicked reply before I finished*

I find it funny, that people (I was included inthis group) shy away from bugs, however they shovel the likes of mcDonalds and and over abundnace of processed foods into our bodies, which are made from synthetic garbage and who knows what else. yes, eating a Big Mac does sound a lot more "appetizing" then eating a beetle, until you look at the ingredients.

am I going to run out and eat bugs.. No, gives me the willies just thinking about it. LOL
  • luvamig
    luvamig Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had a hand full of dried meal worms once. Not bad... they were kind of like dried rice noodles. Kinda bland.