D i e t C o k e . . .

Options
To those of you following my Diet Coke addiction - I went 7 days without drinking it, had no problems, but yesterday morning, I woke up and found an empty 12oz bottle laying on my floor. I felt like an alcoholic, I couldn’t remember drinking it. But I am a sleep-walker/doer. I’ve done much worse while being fast asleep. So I unintentionally had broken my good streak. So yesterday was Day 1. I went fine again, no cravings, tiny headache that Ibuprophen fixed.

Anyone else kick the habit before of Diet Coke?

Replies

• traceybarrett
    Options
    I went cold turkey on diet coke a while ago, found out I had polycystic kidney disease and was told to cut out all caffeine. It was really hard for a few weeks, but I've been without it for a little over 6 months now and don't miss it one bit. :) you can do it!
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of that recent coke commercial where the guy is sleep walking in Africa.

Gotta get it outta the house!

Luckily I've kicked the soda habit because it's just so ridiculously expensive.
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I went cold turkey and never looked back =) For me it was coke zero!
  • tsgaddy
    tsgaddy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My trainer made me quit the good dark stuff a few weeks ago. I'm not craving it as much as I used to, but why does it always seem to be on sale when I go to the grocery store???
  • btrflyflutter
    btrflyflutter Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda a while back...although now I'm back to drinking coke zero only, but when I gave up soda all together I was a *****! It was several weeks of headaches and crankiness but I did it! I was drinking alot of tea and now that I am on a calorie diet I gave up the sweet tea and went to Coke zero! What a cycle!

Good luck....just keep moving forward with it and it will get better soon :)
  • highvoltagequeen
    Options
    Tracy - I hope you're alright!
    Sarasnee - I haven't see that commercial yet, probably a good thing!
    wan2b21 - Good for you! Thankfully I never tried CZero
    tsgaddy - Isnt that always the way?
  • highvoltagequeen
    Options
    Flutter- TY!
  • xxMsComptonxx
    Options
    I do not have to discipline to kick the habit... :D
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of anyone that makes commitments to a goal. Keep it up.
  • highvoltagequeen
    Options
    Ty - Bparr
    Compton - I didn't think I did either! This is a 10 year addiction I'm kicking!
  • aschrader7
    Options
    I did the same 2 weeks ago and just been drinking water. I reward myself to one soda every week. It's been working so good! My body definetely feels better drinking all of this water. Keep it up!
  • traceybarrett
    Options
    Thank you, I'm great! Went to the nephrologist and one of my cysts have actually dissappeared completely...wooo! :smile:
  • highvoltagequeen
    Options
    Aschrader - You're stronger than I am! I couldn't handle one a week, apparently my sleeping body does it for me!
    Tracy - Great news, good job!
  • krwtvl02
    krwtvl02 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!...I thought I was by myself on the soda habit. I love love love coke, pepsi, anything that have fizz. I went cold-turkey on my smoking habit with no problem but kicking the soda habit is hard. Now I'm on diet coke. I need help too. :noway:
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I gave it up for Lent once in college!! It was really difficult, but I'm thinking of doing it again this year. I typically don't drink anything but water and Crystal Light iced tea at dinner. I definitely noticed my cravings for EVERYTHING went down when I stopped drinking it!!! Time to do that again!
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i haven't had a soda since last monday (& that was by accident :embarassed: b/c i 4got that i told myself no more soda's LOL :laugh: )

so i'm on day 7 & i've found that if i have somethin with taste then i'll b fine. i like the vitamin zero water. also i've found that i drink more water on the wknds now. i normally have a tough time drinkin 4cups/daily but now on the wknds 8cups is no problem at all! :noway:

so i've found a good replacement. 1 zero water during lunch & i'm good 4 the rest of the day with drinking water. i just stumbled onto it. funny thing is i don't count it 2wards my water drinkin. i only count pure water for that lol

good luck every1! :flowerforyou:

we can do this!!

idk if i've kicked this habit 4 good tho. i def don't wanna drink it while losing weight. after i've reached my goal i may treat myself 2 a coke zero every now & then, i'm also gonna start drinkin my tea again after i'm at goal. i miss it... <sigh> :drinker: <--water
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    What do you guys drink when you are out eating somewhere?

Lately I've been having diet soda. If I'm at a Chinese place I'll have hot tea but most other places it's usually a diet soda. I drink water all the time every day so it feels kinda silly to have water...again!
  • littlelionesslove
    Options
    My hubby "grounded" me from it and said I could have the money for makeup if I wanted lol. I drink it from time to time but I used to drink a 2 liter almost every day. I think I realized I had a little issue when I finished one before noon on day haha.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Could never give up my cherry coke zero....I would be justifiably insane if that were to happen....
  • highvoltagequeen
    Options
    LOL all your stories are making me laugh and glad I'm not alone, thank you!