Breastfeeding Moms group????

michiganderrdh
michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
Does it exist?

Replies

• wellsar
    wellsar Posts: 24
    I'm not sure but I'm a breastfeeding mom!
  • hkcorman
    hkcorman Posts: 3
    Hey Ladies -
    I am a Certified Breastfeeding Educator and am testing in July to become a Lactation Consultant - so if you need any ideas or assistance in a group let me know!
  • michiganderrdh
    I just may create a Breasfeeding Mom's group for support ;) Awesome to have LC on here ;)
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    You know I'm in!!! 8+ months and going strong. I honestly feel like I'm going to have a whole slew of new questions though once Finley is past a year and maybe cutting down on nursing sessions a bit. I know that means I'm going to have to adjust my calories for certain.

I'm always excited to see so many other nursing mama's on here though and AWESOME to see a LC on here!!!!!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I'm breastfeeding my 2 month old-count me in for friends or a group-that would be great!
  • Hi, I'm currently BF my 7 month old and would love to see a group on here :)
  • wellsar
    Just passed the six month mark breastfeeding! I hope to continue until a year but may stop before if I reach my breaking point on carrying the pump around (I work full time). Anyone tried their baby on food yet and have any problems? My daughter seems completely uninterested.
  • michiganderrdh
    4 1/2 months here :) BF oldest 10 months. I also work full-time and am beginning to hate my pump!

Weekly check-ins????? How about Tuesdays?
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    make 1, im breastfeeding a 17 month old still....
  • wellsar
    Sounds good to me!
  • hkcorman
    hkcorman Posts: 3
    Way to go ladies!! There is no greater benefit for your babies - I am so poud of EACH and EVERY one of you!! Keep on Keeping on!!
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    I am bf my 8 month old. I am In!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Just passed the six month mark breastfeeding! I hope to continue until a year but may stop before if I reach my breaking point on carrying the pump around (I work full time). Anyone tried their baby on food yet and have any problems? My daughter seems completely uninterested.
    It takes some babies longer to warm up to it than others. My daughter was never into the spoon so we tried starting right away with finger foods at 6 1/2 months. It's going great, now she's eating everything that we do. It's just something else to consider :) I found the book Baby Led Weaning by Gill Rapley to be extremely informative (despite the title it's about solid foods, not weaning).

I'm currently BFing our 10 month old, I would love to see a BF moms group :) I don't know about the rest of you but I've definitely had some challenges trying to both lose weight and maintain my supply.
  • MaKisMom
    MaKisMom Posts: 65 Member
    I'm currently BFing my 2mo son. I BF'd both my daughters for about 13mos, so I've got a long time to go! I'm lucky, I get a year of mat leave, so no carrying the pump around for me. I think you mommies who do it at work to keep it up are awesome!!

Anyone who BF'd previously, how quickly did your weight come off? Did you work on it or did it come off on it's own? With my first it took until I quit BFing for it to come off, but I didn't work at it. Wtih my 2nd it all came off by 3mos, and another 15lbs after that. I did work on it at first, but after I got to my goal weight I quit trying and it still kept coming off. It got to the point I was borderline underweight b/c of BFing. This time it's not coming off fast at all, but it's only 2mos in.
  • michiganderrdh
    Honestly, I didn't get rid of all of the weight from the first preg. Only 8lbs left after gaining 55+ . It was tough for me to lose it while bf'ing. It didn't start dropping until after I was done. Yes, I lost some but not quickly.

This time I was active the entire pregnancy and only gained 30 (plus the 8 from prev preg). I've lost the 30 but would love to lose that 8. I need to tone up, too. I feel like I have a layer of fat over my body. I can't wait to get rid of it!! I started running again to train for 10k in May so I'm hoping that helps.
  • ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Anyone who BF'd previously, how quickly did your weight come off? Did you work on it or did it come off on it's own?

I am breastfeeding my now 7m old. I didn't do anything and I lost all my baby weight and then some. Now that he isn't breastfeeding as much though the weight is slowly creeping back on and I am working to try and keep it off!!
  • MaKisMom
    MaKisMom Posts: 65 Member
    How's everyone doing?
  • melits
    melits Posts: 4
    Hi there! I'd like to join the group if you're starting it! My son will be 1 year old at the end of the month and I'm still breastfeeding. I will probably start weaning him shortly after his birthday. I have about 6 lbs to lose to be back to my prepreg body but would like to drop a full 10 lbs. I'm always looking for a little support and like minded ladies to chat with!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    I was sick with some weird GI virus thing last week which thankfully didn't affect my supply. It's that TOM for me so I'm sure when I pump at work tomorrow I won't get as much as I need, but such is life :) I'm still 22 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight - sad, right? I've been losing weight soooooo slow! My daughter is over 10 months old now, I definitely plan on night weaning as soon as she hits a year (though she is hardly up at night anymore anyway) and will gradually start weaning completely at that point. She's wicked into food and goes longer and longer stretches without nursing, anyway, so it may not be too hard.
This discussion has been closed.