Going to try these this week!
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sound yummy... Bump
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump Bump Bump! I love egg rolls but know the ones at the take out places have to be awful for me! Thank you!
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Bump, for sure! yummy!
  • Time4me2003
    Options
    I can not wait to try these! Thanks for posting:)!
  • TwilaG
    TwilaG Posts: 134
    Options
    sounds great!
  • kimmyh70
    kimmyh70 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I made 2 batches of these eggrolls in the last 16 hours. I can't seem to keep them in the house. Everytime my hubby walks passed the ones colling on the baking sheet he "steals" another.

You need:
    one package of Dole coleslaw
    1/4 lb ground pork, turkey or chicken pieces (or none at all if you wish to just have veggie rolls)
    4 tbls Kung pow Chicken sauce
    garlic powder...to taste probably 1 - 2 tblsp
    cayenne pepper... to taste 1-2 tblsp
    a package of eggroll wrappers...they should be by the coleslaw or tofu in the store.

Put the coleslaw mix in a microwaveable bowl, cover with plastic wrap and cook in microwave for maybe 3-4 minutes. take out and drain.

fry 1/4 lb of meat of choice till done...I mixed pepper and garlic powder to it when frying.

when the meat is done, dump the drained coleslaw mix into pot with the meat and add 4 tablespoons of kung pow chicken sauce, cyaenne pepper and garlic powder to it and fry for like 2 minutes... you dont want your cabbage to get too soggy. Take out of pot and let cool in your microwaveable dish for a few minutes.

Spray your cookie sheet lightly with PAM.
    Preheat oven to 350-375

roll eggrolls...
    I used 1/4 cup of mixture per eggroll. the pork batch made 13, the all veggie batch made 11.
    place on cookie sheet. when finished rolling spray the top of the eggrolls with the PAM spray... LIGHTLY.

I baked mine normal for about 10 minutes then put under broiler for maybe 10 minutes per side. But my oven is total crap. keep watching them when they are under the broiler, when the corners start to get brown flip them. When the other side starts to get brown... they are done.

The pork came out to be 93 cals per eggroll.
    The veggie came out to be 73 cals per eggroll.

You can also add any other veggie that you like to these!

And they are to die for. :flowerforyou:

Bump...sounds awesome!
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    total bump...
  • slpymama
    Options
    bump
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    Can someone post a picture of how these "should" look like? :)
  • sweetpea_73
    Options
    It is basically just shredded cabbage and shredded carrots. I think it is probably about 8-12 oz.
  • sweetpea_73
    Options
    This sounds yummy, I'd like to try it. My broiler's not working right, can I just cook them in the oven? How long do you cook them and at what temp.?

You can just cook them in the oven, they just wont brown up as easily.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Bump.. sounds delish.. want to try these over the weekend!
  • sweetpea_73
    Options
    I'll be making these this week. Thanks.

Are you sure about the amount of cayenne pepper? Just checking.
    [/quote

If you are not a "spicy" food kind of person, you should probably back the cayenne pepper down a bit. The Kung Pao chicken sauce is also a bit spicy. If you are not sure, I recommend tasting a little of the mixer, before rolling and season to taste.
  • krwtvl02
    krwtvl02 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Gonna try these !!! Bump
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    sounds DELICIOUS!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    I made 2 batches of these eggrolls in the last 16 hours. I can't seem to keep them in the house. Everytime my hubby walks passed the ones colling on the baking sheet he "steals" another.

You need:
    one package of Dole coleslaw
    1/4 lb ground pork, turkey or chicken pieces (or none at all if you wish to just have veggie rolls)
    4 tbls Kung pow Chicken sauce
    garlic powder...to taste probably 1 - 2 tblsp
    cayenne pepper... to taste 1-2 tblsp
    a package of eggroll wrappers...they should be by the coleslaw or tofu in the store.

Put the coleslaw mix in a microwaveable bowl, cover with plastic wrap and cook in microwave for maybe 3-4 minutes. take out and drain.

fry 1/4 lb of meat of choice till done...I mixed pepper and garlic powder to it when frying.

when the meat is done, dump the drained coleslaw mix into pot with the meat and add 4 tablespoons of kung pow chicken sauce, cyaenne pepper and garlic powder to it and fry for like 2 minutes... you dont want your cabbage to get too soggy. Take out of pot and let cool in your microwaveable dish for a few minutes.

Spray your cookie sheet lightly with PAM.
    Preheat oven to 350-375

roll eggrolls...
    I used 1/4 cup of mixture per eggroll. the pork batch made 13, the all veggie batch made 11.
    place on cookie sheet. when finished rolling spray the top of the eggrolls with the PAM spray... LIGHTLY.

I baked mine normal for about 10 minutes then put under broiler for maybe 10 minutes per side. But my oven is total crap. keep watching them when they are under the broiler, when the corners start to get brown flip them. When the other side starts to get brown... they are done.

The pork came out to be 93 cals per eggroll.
    The veggie came out to be 73 cals per eggroll.

You can also add any other veggie that you like to these!

And they are to die for. :flowerforyou:

bump, bump, bump, bump....thank you!!!!!!!
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'n not only thanking the poster for this thread...but I am thanking the bumpers too! Whewwwwwwww who! How about, I am making these tonight! I like mine with sweet and sour sauce though. I bet that will drive the calories up.
  • evandmegsmom
    evandmegsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My hero. Bumping to My Topics. Thank you!