Fall 2011 Wedding

Options
ckncj
ckncj Posts: 183 Member
I'm getting married this fall and have been able to use that as a motivator. Of course, staying motivated helps when others are there with the same goal in mind. Is anyone else getting married this fall? What are you doing to keep yourself on track & motivated? My weaknesses: Cheese & Bread. Anyone have tips on how to overcome/fulfill those cravings while keeping yourself on track? I've hit a plateau with my weight loss... I was losing pretty steadily at 1-1.5 lbs/week and I think it got to my head, so I quit being so strict with my calorie counting. With the wedding 6 months away, I want & need to get (STAY!!!) on track!

Replies

• aquababy
    aquababy Posts: 8
    Options
    If I get hungry, I page through a Victoria Secret catalog or look at a website with really cute clothes that I want to buy but won't because I'm waiting until I loose weight.
  • Live2GlorifyHim
    Live2GlorifyHim Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I feel like you are my twin!

I am getting married 11-11-11 and my weaknesses are also bread and cheese.

I have a lot more to lose than you do, but I am super motivated to look the best I ever have on my wedding day. Right now my biggest concern is when to order the dress and if I should order a smaller size when that time comes.

Adding you!
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm getting married in June! I also LOVE cheese, but I decided this time I would NOT completely take it out of my diet. I now use 2% low fat shredded cheese and I allow myself 1/4 of a cup each day either in a veggie wrap or on egg whites. I also have a bagel with 1/3 less fat veggie cream cheese each saturday and sunday for breakfast. I hit a plateau as well and had to increase my exercise. To stay motivated and on track I signed up for a 1/2 marathon in May so that I HAVE to keep running! I also started watching the biggest loser on the elliptical instead of the couch! Another thing that helped with my plateau is interval training. Instead of running my normal slow 12 minute pace so that I could carry on a conversation with my running partner we now speed run for 60 seconds every few minutes. That seemed to help also. Oh ya. . .and I started lifting weights 3 times a week, but only for 30 minutes each time! I don't really have time for anything else!
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I feel like you are my twin!

I am getting married 11-11-11 and my weaknesses are also bread and cheese.

I have a lot more to lose than you do, but I am super motivated to look the best I ever have on my wedding day. Right now my biggest concern is when to order the dress and if I should order a smaller size when that time comes.

Adding you!

In my opinion it is best to get the one that fits you, but fits snug so when you lose weight it can be altered. It is always easier to take a dress in than to have to add material!