This time I'm DETERMINED!

Options
Hello! My name is Ida.. I'm 36 married with children with a full time job.. I found comfort in food.. So many times I said, "THAT'S IT, NO MORE, IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE!" That held true for about 3 days EVERY SINGLE TIME.. Here at work the ER department has started, "THE BIGGEST LOSER" contest. More than a few nurses and myself all joined.. I weighed in last Monday and just weighed in again today.. PROUD to say that I have lost 6 POUNDS! I'm so excited.. I don't think it's too noticeable yet but I feel GREAT! Soooo, I don't know if I just needed motivation or what but I'M DETERMINED to make this work.. Not just for me but for my family.. Wether this being your first attempt or your 100th attempt at losing weight, STAY FOCUSED, DETERMINED, and you will SUCCEED!

Replies

• nikkicc28
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL! :happy:
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Congrats. My fav saying ----Commit and you will succeed. I know wha tyou mean about motivation only lasting a few days. I have tried upteen million diets before only to fail because they were too much work and the results were too slow which is so discouraging. I am on an amazing program now ---many people on this program win these Biggest Loser contests that are out there. I lost 81 pounds in just under 6 months and I am amazed every day at how easy it is.

Good luck to you on your journey.
  • phatfreeme
    Options
    Good luck! We can all do it!!!
  • IdaMoreno38
    IdaMoreno38 Posts: 105
    Options
    Thank You's to ALL OF YOU! I didn't realize that real SUPPORT was out there, just needed that extra umph. Y'all are sooo wonderful!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Been there many times to but also have my determined head on. We can and will do it this time. Well done on such a fab weightloss!
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    Great Job so far - keep up the hard work and we will all make it!
  • JESHamilton
    JESHamilton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your determination will mean your success! Your post was a great pep talk for me! Congratulations on your wonderful first week weight loss! Awesome!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Challenges, dares, and bets are usually a good jump-off to becoming motivated initially. That's how I started. Life challenged me with a beautiful array of health-deteriorating conditions with a bonus of a hardcore near-death experience. So, I challenged it back and dared it to try again as I was going to live healthier. Successful so far.

So, I DARE you to win your "Biggest Loser" competition. I bet you bragging rights. Lol.

EDIT: Since you work in the ER, you know the textbook outcomes for a combination of DKA + acute pancreatitis, fatty liver, hypertension, and high cholesterol. My A1C reading back in last April was 13.5. CO2 levels were below 5. Severely decreased potassium and bicarbonate levels... Yeah...Haha.
  • princesschikee
    Options
    If you look at it as a lifestyle change, you are more than likely going to stick with it. Diets only set you up for failure. So good luck and enjoy the journey.
  • dragonfly78
    Options
    Congrats to all of you!!!!
    I've been at it for a week and have seen NO weight loss. I'm drinking a ton more water (at least 5 cups compared to none before) And I'm feeling very discouraged. I'm 33 and need to lose 80 lbs. I know if I don't start seeing some results I'm just gonna give up... Any suggestions??
  • princesschikee
    Options
    I've been at it for a week and have seen NO weight loss. I'm drinking a ton more water (at least 5 cups compared to none before) And I'm feeling very discouraged. I'm 33 and need to lose 80 lbs. I know if I don't start seeing some results I'm just gonna give up... Any suggestions??

We need to know what you are eating and what your work out routine is before we can make any suggestions.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

Patience. If all you've done is increase water intake, you'd need to take in much more than that and make the lifestyle change in regards to food and increase physical activity. A week isn't going to show much results. If you're looking for fast changes or look at weight loss like a "diet" [and I absolutely loathe the word because it is usually associated with "fast results"], then it's not going to work for you. Lifelong weight loss and maintenance is just that... LIFE LONG. Meaning it may take a while for results to happen, and you have to be willing to wait for them. If you're not willing to do so, life will just give you more reasons to learn patience. That's the only guarantee I know. It's your choice to do it or not.
  • StaceMB
    StaceMB Posts: 1
    Options
    Way to go Ida!! Stay focused and remember if you have a cheat... carry on and stay strong!
  • amandazari
    Options
    We are doing a biggest loser at school here. I have lost 18lbs so far. I lost some before I started my fitness pal. What is your calorie goal.
  • dragonfly78
    Options
    I've been walking everyday (about 40 min) at a moderate pace. I've been more active with my kids, and making extra trips up and dow my stairs. I've increased my fruit and cut out as much "junk" food as I can. (My weakness is pepsi, but I've cut that down to only one can a day) Going off my food diary I am usually under the alloted calorie intake. I'm really trying to make a lifestyle change. I'm definitely not living the sedentary life that I was a week ago.
  • IdaMoreno38
    Options
    NO DON'T GIVE UP. I, too, never drank any water, NEVER. Now, I drink my 8 cups and then some. I also cut SODAS out COMPLETELY! It's working out great so far. Someone told me to drink plenty of water before a meal and you'll feel full and won't eat as much. Whatever you do, don't give up hun. It'll happen. Stay DETERMINED!
  • IdaMoreno38
    Options
    We are doing a biggest loser at school here. I have lost 18lbs so far. I lost some before I started my fitness pal. What is your calorie goal.

1430 calories.
    I've done pretty good so far.