Cinema snack ideas anyone?

Options
Hi, I'm going to the cinema tonight with my friend, who usually gets a large popcorn, I'm not keen on it anyway but usually like fruit based jelly type sweets or chocolate....
What can anyone suggest I nibble on instead please
Thanks!

Replies

• fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Take a small bag of almonds, or dried cranberries, or something similar.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Movie theatre popcorn is the one thing I can never give up... haha....

But, reading on the forums, I have seen peoples ideas being like nuts, trailmix, frozen blueberries (that one the girl said is great but your fingers are blue by the end of the movie).... and I think maybe honey nut cheerios or something would be good? Then you get sweet and crunchy.
  • princesschikee
    Options
    I usually eat before I go. It's a shame we can't bring in our own popcorn.
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    I am a snack sneaker at the movies. I always bring a bag of carrots of sugar snap peas and a diet soda. Hope you enjoy the movie.
  • jessalice66
    jessalice66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    try light jelly! only 10 calories. you could eat it raw!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Make your own trail-mix! maybe some almonds; some fat free pretzels; dried fruit....or just some grapes..a cut up apple...or maybe even pop your own popcorn at home; put it in a big ziploc and stuff it in a big pocketbook!
  • Dee1006
    Dee1006 Posts: 37
    Options
    I like to get the dark chocolate Dove bar
  • nickyb632
    nickyb632 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    grapes, baby carrots, almonds, you'll still get the feeling that you're munching on something!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I bring a large purse and fill it with stuff like a large water bottle, a mix of dried fruit, nuts and dark chocolate (in a portioned bag), I've brought a popped bag of my own healthy popcorn, you could prepare a tuperware of yogurt and granola. Seriously, I always go to the movies prepared! lol
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    bring your own!!!!!!!!!!!!! you could eat a days worth of calories in 1 popcorn from movies!!!! Try quaker mini rice cakes cheddar flavor, even a regular size candy bar would be nothing compared to what you would get at the movies!!!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    yeah i like the honey nut cheerios idea. Or POPs or CHEX or something.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    make your own trail mix...wait a minute. i THINK i just read the same damn thing...LOL and whatever you do, DOOOOO add m&ms to your trail mix...that way you wont feel like youre missing out on anything!!!

or what i used to do (used to as in i have a toddler so i dont go to the movies anymore) is you could get a sugar free/fat free coffee/latte...that helped me...and make it a large to last LOL
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    Walnuts with honey! :) You could take half a dozen twizzlers - they're not THAT bad if you've got carbs to burn. http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/sweets/5421/2
  • tj5000
    tj5000 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
    Thank you very much everyone, I'll definitely try making up a bag of nuts and fruit etc..
    :flowerforyou:
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love Kamut Puffs! They are like puffed rice cereal, only 50 calories a cup, and still have the same fluffy pop as pop corn, without the cals
  • Falstaff
    Falstaff Posts: 3
    Options
    I highly recommend NAKD BARS - I've taken to buying them in bulk now. The Cocoa Orange is a great one - chocolate without any bad stuff (no sugar, gluten, etc). Just Google "NAKD" and you'll find them. Or a UK link below:

http://www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk/store/nakd-nudie-bars/default.aspx

Totally virtuous, but still tasty.
  • fitnessbekhs
    Options
    Bring rice cakes....you can go sweet or salty with them...or both. Since you like to have the chewy snack, some dried fruit would be a good substitute. However, make sure it doesn't have any added sugar! Good luck!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    frozen grapes?
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Special K cracker chips they're 30 chips for 110 calories. They're delicious!

I also pop my own popcorn and bring it with me which works well! I also like raisinettes because they're a lower calorie candy with raisins!
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    I used to be SO against sneaking food in to the movie theater! But then I started eating healthier, and there doesn't seem to be ANYTHING to eat at those places.

So now I take almonds and a couple pieces of fruit, usually an apple and a banana. I'll either bring in a bottle of water, or buy one there and refill it at the water fountain.

PS - a friend of mine always takes her own popcorn, she just pops it at home and sneaks it in using a tote bag.