Options
:flowerforyou: Hello!
I'm Kathie and I need to loose weight bad! I need people like all of you for moral support. I need to loose atleast 56 pounds and I won't be able to do it with out you.

Replies

• MooseRok1021
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello!
    I'm Kathie and I need to loose weight bad! I need people like all of you for moral support. I need to loose atleast 56 pounds and I won't be able to do it with out you.
  • Nana27
    Options
    Hi Kathie! Glad you could join us. I think you will find this site very helpful, I know I have. Welcome! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathie, and welcome! You came to the right place, because with MFP, you WILL lose the weight that you want to!
    I felt the same way as you when I first started, desperate to get the weight off. I figured this site was going to be just like all the other diets I'd tried, but, it's NOT! I hear the word diet, and I think "deprived"!
    BUT, I learned pretty quick that MFP isn't even a diet, it's a "lifestyle change", and, I'm NOT deprived either! Through the easy food counter, I saw all my numbers and made some adjustments, especially in portion control, lol, and learned that I can get even more numbers by working out. So, I started dancing to oldies in my living room, and walking pretty much every day, and between the exercise and watching my numbers, I've lost practically all the weight that I wanted to lose. And it's been "almost" easy doing it too! I never feel deprived either, because I still have a McDonald's double cheeseburger now and then, pizza, and even Chinese food about once every few months too. You just have to work with your numbers, and get in some exercise. It's THAT easy! I've also discovered slow churned, no sugar added icecream that's just as great as the real thing, so I haven't even had to "hit" all my favorite icecream spots like I always used to do!
    I recommend logging all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than after, as it tends to lead to better food choices. Also, drink lots and lots of water, it really helps too.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome!!! :flowerforyou:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    welcome-1.gif

Hi Kathie~ Love your screen name - it's too cute! Hope you enjoy MFP.