Bump

Options
What does this mean when it is under someone's question?

Replies

• lilbuddytatertot
    lilbuddytatertot Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    it just brings the topic back to the top of the forum thingy.. like as in you "bump" it to the top.. you dont have to say bump, but people just do
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    It's a term that people use just to signify that they want to "bump" it back up to the list of "new" forum topics....

The topics with the most recent replies are the ones that are at the top of the forum lists....So it's a way to get it back up to the top without having to post a long response!

Does that make sense? At least, that's MY interpretation of it! lol
  • ciberg13
    ciberg13 Posts: 8
    Options
    Basically, it means someone is commenting solely for the purpose of "bumping" that initial post higher up on the list of posts on the message board - so it shows as a 'recent post' or 'recently replied to'.
  • rainy79
    rainy79 Posts: 1
    Options
    bump is a term people use to get the selected topic to the top of the boards so to speak, as new topics are put on a topic may be lost, if someone puts bump it clearly means they want to keep the selected topic easy to view xx hope this answers your question hun xx and good luck with the weight loss, iv just started myself and so far doing ok xxx
  • wiglitt
    wiglitt Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks for asking the question, I was wondering what it meant also.
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it.