Eating half of my calories in the morning

Options
I usually end up eating about half of my calories in the morning, since I generally make a large breakfast for the kids (otherwise they are hungry until lunchtime). This does help me make it until lunchtime without feeling hungry but I don't feel like I have a whole lot of wiggle room the rest of the day, and feel like I'm starving by bedtime. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lilbuddytatertot
    lilbuddytatertot Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    have a smaller breakfast and a snack at about halfway between meals.. small meals and healthy snacks is what I do
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi and yes it's best to spread your calories out during the day. This keeps your metabolism going better than overeating at one meal. Try 3 smaller meals and 2 snacks. You are satified all day and eat less at mealtime. By consuming a larger meal, your body can also store fat thinking you aren't going to get food later. The same way it reacts to not eating enough. So smaller is better:)
  • diadra
    diadra Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi - I've found a very low calorie breakfast that fills be up! Sara lee enriched high fiber wheat bread is 35 calories per slice, then I use fat free kraft shredded cheese - i think it's 45 calories for 1/4 cup and egg whites from the carton - 1/2 cup of eggs whites is 60 calories - I have a great breakfast sandwich that is not more than 200 calories - if you need more protein add boars head low sodium ham!

I've found great ways to eat so much food for so little calories and I eat 4 times a day! Good luck!
  • jammyone
    jammyone Posts: 80
    Options
    What kind of breakfast are you eating? If you're eating lots of toast, cereal etc I can see why you would be starving.

I eat usually eat 4 or 6 eggs with bacon which totals 1000 calories at breakfast
    I usually eat something in the range of 600 calories for lunch
    And then up to 1000 calories at dinner time.

If you eat a higher fat / protein breakfast you will find that you don't need to eat as much throughout the day and also the breakfast sets your metabolism for that day so a big breakfast is good.

I remember a quote from somewhere that went, "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a beggar". Although I tend to eat lunch like a beggar and dinner like a prince.

Remember, it's the type of food that you eat that counts - not how much. You should never ever feel hungry on ANY kind of diet, and if you are - you need to change!
  • kristibluesky
    Options
    make your plate then eat half of it. eat the other half two hours later.

make sure breakfast has plenty of protein to keep you substained. a high carb breakfast will not stay with you long.

cheeses, meats, eggs all good.

My breakfast fave is {i shop at Costco so all foods can be found at Costco)
    1 cup of Fage greek yogurt
    1 Cup of the costco frozen mixed berried
    1 Tablespoon honey drizzled over the top { put in the fridge the night before so the berries thaw}
    3/4 cup of organic granola from costco.
    500 calories. huge breakfast. over 20 grams of protein.
  • dietgirlkc
    dietgirlkc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love the Breakfast Sandwich idea. I got the ingredients this morning. I am going to try it tomorrow.

• DCOFFEY11
    DCOFFEY11 Posts: 11
    Options
    I usually eat a light break fast, light lunch and two snacks, the i have room to eat a healthy dinner with my family. it's been doing good for me.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast that keeps me full till lunch is:

1 whole wheat sandwich thin or deli flat
    1 slice american cheese
    1 large egg scrambled
    2-3 slices canadian bacon