40 pounds down, over halfway to my goal!

Options
hnsaunde
hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
I started at just under 199 pounds, and I'm 55'3. I’m down just over 40 pounds right now, so I thought I’d post some pictures of my progress so far.

Below is me on New Year’s Eve, 2009-2010

1htbeo.jpg

Below is me in August of 2010, when I joined MFP

2h4yzqe.jpg

Below is me, after 40 pounds gone.

2ij57ux.jpg

I still have a ways to go, but I think I’m making great progress so far! I started at a size 16 and now I'm down to a size 10, which makes me feel so great. My goal is to be able to play rugby again this summer, and be in great shape for it!

Replies

• kamechaf
    kamechaf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    WOW! LOOKING GREAT! THX FOR SHARING!
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job!
  • SarahBearNZ
    SarahBearNZ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    wow, that gives me hope that 20kg will make a difference before we go on holiday at the end of the year - great work!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    nice work! big changes. you look great. Keep it up. thanks for sharing and inspiring
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Looking great! ;)
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    you are looking great!!! CONGRATS!!!
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! You look awesome!!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Looking good. Congrats
  • mdward79
    mdward79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    U look Fab!!! Such an inspiration to everyone trying to lose.
  • carmelasergi
    carmelasergi Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! Keep up the hard work, it's paying off for you! :flowerforyou:
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    You are progressing fabulously. Such a big difference, so far! I think you will truly make your rugby goal.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Wow! Look at your teeny tiny legs and thighs! Fantastic progress. I’m same height, but started 25 pounds heavier. Is great to see your result and know what I might be able to look forward to in 6 months! What has been working for you?
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Incredible job! You look amazing! I am so happy for you!! Be Proud!
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!!!!!
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    Great Job!
  • Estrella4ever
    Options
    WOW! totally awesome!! you look amazing! great job! :flowerforyou:
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Wow! Look at your teeny tiny legs and thighs! Fantastic progress. I’m same height, but started 25 pounds heavier. Is great to see your result and know what I might be able to look forward to in 6 months! What has been working for you?

I first started just trying to portion control my meals, and then I started to run again, which I found helped way more than just trying to control my calorie count. I usually don't eat more than 1200-1300 calories per day, and I don't usually eat back my exercise calories unless I'm feeling really hungry that day :)

Now I do interval training(sprinting one min and recovering one min) twice a week for 30 minutes, one slower long run once a week, and I do a full body weight lifting workout twice a week, and it seems to be working for now. I also change up my routine once a month so I don't get bored.

I did plateau around about 10 pounds in, then at about 30 pounds in, but I just changed up what I was doing for exercise, which seemed to help.

Thanks everyone for your positive comments :)
  • rdy2begin
    rdy2begin Posts: 170
    Options
    You look AMAZING ~~~ WTG
  • mayana2002
    mayana2002 Posts: 192
    Options
    :flowerforyou: wow Yoy look beautiful! Keep it up dear!!
  • shelbyj72
    shelbyj72 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!