New from Maryland!

Options
Hey everyone,

Figured I've been trying on my own for so long that a little support from myfitnesspal could only strengthen my results.

I've always been a fat kid. From running around playing tag as a kid to competitive sports in high school and college and now out in the real world. It was early last Spring when I realized all of my shirts were now 2XL's and my 38's were about to turn into 40's and I wasn't happy about it. I weighed myself and was right around 240-245lbs

One day on my way home from work I saw they were building a Planet Fitness gym right down the street from my house and I knew I had to get there! It opened in March and I was there the first day and have been going back steadily 3-5 days a week, ever since. I run 3-9 miles a day and usually lift as well and I am happy to say that I have seen results. I don't weigh myself often, but last I checked I was down to 185 and just bought a pair of size 34 pants!

My original goal was to get down to 180lbs, but now with that being close, I think I am going to shoot for even leaner. I just picked up Insanity workout DVD's and will be starting those next week and will be holding myself accountable for everything I eat from here on out. Wish me luck!!!!

- Matt

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh I miss Maryland. No cheap gyms like Planet Fitness down here!
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, Matt !!

I go to Ballys ocassionally but I started P90 last week myself. Sounds like you've found your way well.

Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • DowntimeDesigns
    DowntimeDesigns Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Where is down here? Love the ink and from your username, I take it you know your way around a VDub. Nothing wrong with that!

Hello and welcome to MFP, Matt !!

I go to Ballys ocassionally but I started P90 last week myself. Sounds like you've found your way well.

Congrats and keep up the good work!
    Thank you very much! I've done a few P90x workouts and they are certainly intense!!!! Good luck to you!
  • gnlglory
    gnlglory Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow Matt,

You've done great! Keep up the good work!

Lisa
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Where is down here? Love the ink and from your username, I take it you know your way around a VDub. Nothing wrong with that.

Down here is in good 'ol Texas. Sure do know my VW's.....or at least I like to think so. Sold one of my old Jetta's to a kid in Abingdon when I lived in MD.
  • DowntimeDesigns
    Options
    Down here is in good 'ol Texas. Sure do know my VW's.....or at least I like to think so. Sold one of my old Jetta's to a kid in Abingdon when I lived in MD.

Hahaha, thats cool. A VW friend of mine is about to leave Texas and come back to Maryland now that he's out of the Military. Do you know the name of the kid you sold it to? Or his Vortex name? lol... I would love to build another VW as soon as my truck is done, lol...
  • ashleyb1031
    ashleyb1031 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Im in MD too!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Hahaha, thats cool. A VW friend of mine is about to leave Texas and come back to Maryland now that he's out of the Military. Do you know the name of the kid you sold it to? Or his Vortex name? lol... I would love to build another VW as soon as my truck is done, lol...

It was a few years back...can't remember his username. I think his name was Mike, but I'm not positive. I'm thinking about selling my old Gti....time for something a bit more reliable for now. Plus a corrado was always my dream car anyway. My buddy is trying to convince me to drive it back to MD so he can have it. Said he'd buy me a plane ticket back to Texas. lol
  • DowntimeDesigns
    Options
    Im in MD too!
    Whoop whoop! Where about in Maryland are you?

It was a few years back...can't remember his username. I think his name was Mike, but I'm not positive. I'm thinking about selling my old Gti....time for something a bit more reliable for now. Plus a corrado was always my dream car anyway. My buddy is trying to convince me to drive it back to MD so he can have it. Said he'd buy me a plane ticket back to Texas. lol

Hmmmm, I know a kid named Mike with a MK3 Jetta who lives in the area, lol. I dunno what year yours was. I would also love a Corrado, but I want a MKII Jetta Coupe even more! I say you make your friend fly to you and drive it home, lol.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Hmmmm, I know a kid named Mike with a MK3 Jetta who lives in the area, lol. I dunno what year yours was. I would also love a Corrado, but I want a MKII Jetta Coupe even more! I say you make your friend fly to you and drive it home, lol.

It was a black mk3....98, 5spd, crappy racing seats, black bugatti wheels.

I put a feeler thread up on vortex today to see if there'd be any interest in my car.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Welcome, you will do great here!!! Make sure you have lots of MFP friends to support you!
  • DowntimeDesigns
    Options
    It was a black mk3....98, 5spd, crappy racing seats, black bugatti wheels. I put a feeler thread up on vortex today to see if there'd be any interest in my car.

Hmmm, the Mike I know has a Silver Arrow VR Jetta. Probably not the same kid, lol. I'll have to check out the FS thread.

Welcome, you will do great here!!! Make sure you have lots of MFP friends to support you!

Thank you, I appreciate it!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    *waves* Welcome to MFP! I'm in the Pax area. Good Luck!