• bfrederick3015
    bfrederick3015 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! :)
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Loved these parts:

"i hate to be the whistle-blower here, but there’s a reason why actresses look the way and they do, and it’s not because of good genes alone: it’s because they work at it. it takes effort. they watch what they eat and work out 6 days a week because someone is paying them to fit the sample size"

"Kristen Bauer of HBO’s True Blood. when asked if she felt the pressure to stay thin, Kristen answered, “the other day i realized as long as i’m in this business, i’m going to be hungry."

Way to keep it REAL.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Gwen Stefani is also usually incredibly honest about her constant hunger in interviews.

Kate Winslet is one of the few you can actually admire though, as she just flat-out refuses to make herself nuts trying to be 'this size' or 'that size'.
  • chris1132
    chris1132 Posts: 58
    Options
    HAH! That is a great article. I remember when I was in high school I would always be duped by stuff like that. "Katie Holmes eats 3,000 calories a day and is a size 00; so can I!!" I wish more celebrities were honest about their diets and exercise. I would respect them a lot more.
  • sophiajackson99
    Options
    Thanks for sharing an interesting article Charmagne. I have a mixed thoughts about this though... On the one hand, I think it would be nice if actresses were honest too because it does seem to give license to others to think they can eat that amount. I know I've been out with skinny friends who order burger, fries and a sundae, and I have been known to think, well then...

On the other hand, I have no intention of living the rest of my life in a hungry state, and I feel like the article is implying that to be "tv thin", you must. So maybe I just won't worry about being tv thin then... I like Kate Winslet's attitude about weight too.
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    you always post the best articles!

i liked this part, and i'd been thinking about this recently since I started putting effort into my diet:

"i hate to be the whistle-blower here, but there’s a reason why actresses look the way and they do, and it’s not because of good genes alone: it’s because they work at it. it takes effort. they watch what they eat and work out 6 days a week because someone is paying them to fit the sample size. and i don’t see why they need to deny it, heck, if i could afford Jillian Michaels on speed dial i’d do it too"
  • rebeccaoneillcarter
    Options
    Thanks for giving me a new blog to follow!
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    Hate to say it, but one of the reasons that I stopped acting/dancing was that I didn't feel good about myself doing it. Either I was starving and miserable, or bingeing and out of shape. My professors, collegues, friends, and future employers always had something to say about my weight. Even though I knew that this was part of the business, for me putting my weight on my job application somehow took my motivation away...my motivation for staying healthy, being a better actress and loving myself was all gone, because I felt like my weight was another part of 'the product' that I felt I had to be.

There was no balance in my life. Now that my job no longer expects me to be a size 0, I'm feeling better about myself and I'm a hell of a lot healthier. More power to the girls who can withstand this pressure and come out the healthy side, but for me I'm just happy to be healthy, proud of myself and out of the rat race.

Wow, that sounds depressing, but I promise that for me it all worked out for the best!