can someone help please

Options
I would like to lose 2lbs per week but when i am filling in my details it says to eat 1200 cals a day and i will lose 3lbs by april, but i would like to lose more than 3lbs -

Replies

• kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi well you can adjust your calorie intake but it really isn't recommended especially if you are working out too. I think 1200 is the default setting but if you adjust it, it is going to tell you that you aren't eating enough. Are you eating 1200 a day now? You should be able to lose easily 2 lbs a week with this setting. I lost 4 last week like this.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    It's not good to go below 1200 calories. Maybe upping exercise? Put more time in it.
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    I think it's more of an estimate. If you ate those calories, fats, sodium, etc, you could weigh that amount in 5 weeks.

Good luck!
  • niresupernova
    Options
    Your minimum calorie intake should be 1200. Anything less is unhealthy and could put your body into starvation mode. If you loose 3 lbs per week without your doctor's involvement, you could gain it all back once you started eating a healthy amount of calories again.

My suggestion: go see your doctor, drink water, eat your 1200 calories, and hit the gym.
  • summernut78
    Options
    Hi! pounds arent near as important as the inches you lose, and the way your clothes fit!! being healthy is the most important thing, if you exercise and eat right the lbs will be off before you know it!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    it's a good idea to get all the information you can before making these kinds of decisions. My advice would be go here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

and read some of the links listed, they should help you a bit on your journey.