Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What music do you listen to while you work out?

Could anyone recommend some good workout material to listen to?

Replies

• my favorite all time workout song is "eye of the tiger"
  • Anything with a upbeat, fast tempo. Dance music usually does the trick for me! Stuff like Ministry of Sound, Clubland etc...
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Have a stand-by playlist including: Firework - Katy Perry
    Born This Way - Lady Gaga
    Heads Will Roll - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Touch - Natasha Bedingfield
    Use Me - Hinder
    Hand that Feeds - Nine Inch Nails
    Hashpipe - Weezer (good beat LOL)

More list I guess ;)
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Ohhh.... taking note for later... but I've been listening to my running playlist for 6 years. Will add some when I get home to my iPod!
  • LisaLN
    LisaLN Posts: 54
    "Carry Out" by Timbaland
    "Imma Be" by Black Eyed Peas
    "Get It Poppin (Edited version of course)" by Fat Joe
    Old School would be: "Round and Round" by Tevin Campbell
    "Iesha" by Another Bad Creation

Just to name a few. :)
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Metro station Shake It is my ALL TIME favorite work out song
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    My MP3 player is full of a variety of stuff... old and new...
    I have anywhere from Dolly Parton's song 9 to 5, Britney Spears - Strong up to Bruno Mars - Grenade and everywhere in between. But, I find myself pushing myself more when I listen to Britney Spears - Stronger.. lol.
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    I agree. anything up beat, fast tempo. Dance music is great or something you can just groove with. It actually has me keeping tempo on the elliptical without realizing it. so I tend to push myself harder. When I dont have my mp3 in my ears and on I tend to poop our quicker I have noticed. I have Black eyed peas on mine, My Humps. I have Its getting hot in here, I have all kinds of random songs that people have sent me lol.
  • KaleighL
    KaleighL Posts: 159
    I listen to Lady Gaga
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    depends in what im doing at that time:

if im hitting the heavy bag,
    Eye Of The Tiger,
    if im lifting weights AC/DC or Metallica
    Skating or any other Cardio, 1 of 900 songs on the IPOD ..lol
  • LisaLN
    "Carry Out" by Timbaland
    "Imma Be" by Black Eyed Peas
    "Get It Poppin (Edited version of course)" by Fat Joe
    Old School would be: "Round and Round" by Tevin Campbell
    "Iesha" by Another Bad Creation

Just to name a few. :)
    OH! And I will add "Come Baby Come" by K7. People don't realize how much they loved this old school song until they hear it again. LOL! Love it!
  • nickyb632
    nickyb632 Posts: 98 Member
    Katy Perry, Rhianna & pitbull make me feel like i HAVE to get moving
  • bobblebee77
    bobblebee77 Posts: 17 Member
    I love to blatt out a bit of Pendulum when running - (In Silico & Immersion both have some good fast tracks) but also love a bit of the more upbeat Foo Fighters to keep the blood pumping too.
    Depends on the mood! :)
  • Stronger by Mandisa
    Born to Fly - Sara Evans
    Country Man - Luke Bryan

I know this is strange but some Hannah Montana/Miley songs. I don't ever listen to her but someone else said they did while working out and so I tried it. The Good Life is pretty much the only one I listen to.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    There's a great song by BT called Never gonna come back down.

I use this song to start all my work-outs. Always gets me pumped.
  • jesn311
    jesn311 Posts: 43
    I love getting the Biggest Loser Workout CD's and putting them on my Ipod. The songs are usually around 128 beats per minute, which makes working out on the treadmill and/or elliptical more tolerable.
  • LisaLN
    Katy Perry, Rhianna & pitbull make me feel like i HAVE to get moving

LOVE Pitbull, too. Just didn't know if she'd like something a little more unedited. :) ALL Pitbull songs are on my Workout Music list. Especially "Hit The Floor".
  • DowntimeDesigns
    DowntimeDesigns Posts: 134 Member
    Depends what you're into...

If I'm lifting weights I need something hard, fast and angry to help me keep my energy up. Bands like 'As Blood Runs Black', '5 Finger Death Punch', etc.

If I'm running I prefer hip-hop to keep my feet going to the beat OR long Dave Matthews Band/O.A.R./ Jam-Band kind of tunes. You get lost in your head during a 15-20 minute jam session of your favorite song and forget you're running!
  • DCOFFEY11
    DCOFFEY11 Posts: 11
    i listen to up beat christian music.....it helps me stay motivated and better then the music they paly at they gym..:happy:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I have a variety of songs on my ipod. NKOTB (their new album), Britney Spears, Katy Perrry, Beyonce, Rhianna....