any body out there lost 3 pounds a week consistantly over a

Options
Started dieting about 2 weeks ago ive lost 8 pounds, though i know its quicker to begin with.Is it possible to keep this up or is it impossible?

Replies

• maclea98
    Options
    Started dieting about 2 weeks ago ive lost 8 pounds, though i know its quicker to begin with.Is it possible to keep this up or is it impossible?
  • GodlessCommunism
    Options
    I've had weeks I lost 4 and one where I lost 5, but then the week after I lose zilch. It seems to average out to about 2 to 3 a week over time. It isn't impossible to sustain, but you have to expect a week or two where it feels like you worked hard and got nothing for it at some point down the road.
  • marisa0918
    Options
    I think the most you should lose is 2 pounds a week. That is the max that MFP is set up for. If you read through all the post they really do explain a lot. It really comes down to are you doing it for a quick fix and possibly gain it back or do you want to change your lifestyle and get healty for life. If you want a lifestyle change then it is best to pace yourself and do it right.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    not gonna happen, sorry. Some weeks you will lose tons and others you will lose nothing. When we start out we tend to lose lots for a few reasons, a huge one being that our sodium levels usually go waaaaaaaaay down when we start eating healthy. Which means all that water that your body was holding onto is suddenly let go of and it appears on the scale as though you've lost weight.

Even though you have 50 lbs to lose, you simply aren't large enough to lose that kind of weight, in fat, EVERY week. That said, I am glad that you have had a good start! :bigsmile: I started out with 59 pounds to lose and I lose anywhere from 0 to 4 pounds each week. On an average week though I'd say I'm losing about a pound each week now.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats.

From what I know you have a couple advantages right now. 1) when you first begin you are at your heaviest and you lose more weight then because you have your body weight as resistance... 2) you are male. Men have a better muscle to fat ratio which boosts your metoblism (compared to us gals).

To answer your question... i think it is possible for you to lose weight like that for a little longer but eventually it will stabalize as you lose weight.
  • maclea98
    Options
    thanks 4 the help , think uz are right the start ur goin 2 loose more was jst bein hopefull .Just such a long time though, ive been drinkin like 5 pints of water a day to curb the hunger .

Cheers
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I have before, maybe this is a new week for me, TAKING EVERYONE"S ADVISE!!!!

I have to start somewhere.

I want to do it, my aunt did just by exercisong a few times a weeka nd cutting back and she has been the same size for 10+ years.

She said she safely lost 10-15 lbs a week and she has kept it off and she cut refined foods nad sugars only.

She was a 22 now a 6-7 with no effort.

On the holidays I watch what she eats.....

veggies, meats, cheeses and the occassional piece of cake.

She said she had to set her mind straight and over power her will to do it, system