7-week-challenge - Team SOUTH

Options
Been wanting to do this since we started and needed a push. So here we go.......................

These are our team member:

harpcason - Douglas, GA
linda302
j3nic3
o0sunny0o
charissawylie
brit1329
anjelt
shannonwilson
mamawildbear
alicia116
heevenlee
hilsidney

I have logged your CW & your GW......if you would like to add it to this thread, fill free to do so.

Each week, lets begin with Monday morning with our goal for the week. I don't know about you, but I tend to do better with added pressure.

I am looking forward to hearing all the weigh-ins on Saturday. Especially mine, since I have been having a very difficult time staying on task. Nothing like a little added pressure, huh? Good luck everyone!!!!!

Replies

• shannonaufman
    Options
    You're gonna make an excellent captain!! Here's my info, so everyone knows :)

CW (as of 02/27/2011) : 172
    GW for weigh in on March 5, 2011: 171
    GW for 7 week challenge: 162
  • anjelt
    anjelt Posts: 21
    Options
    thanks for starting this.

first off my name is angel, my starting weight is 223 and my goal for sat is 221, my 7 week goal is to be 210. I want to be under 200 but to be realistic I am going with 210. good luck all....
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great! How will I get back here. Where is the link?
    SW: 166
    week 1 GW: 164

My goal is to consistently lose 2 lbs a week, for a total of -14 lbs for this challenge. :flowerforyou:
    I'm sort of expecting big changes right off the bat, because I usually have a couple glasses of wine or cocktails most every day after work, and because of it I often run over my calorie allotment... but I haven't had any alcohol in 6 days (since last Wednesday, had to look it up :), and I haven't had a soda since last Thursday 2/24.

If anyone has any filling breakfast suggestions for IBS sufferers, please post a link or the recipe, meal. Thanks
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Linda--

Click on the "community" tab on the top right. Then click on "my topics." Any topic you have posted on will show up here!

Best of luck everyone!
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I weighed in last Friday and this was 164.6 lbs. I'd like to get to 163 by Saturday, but I have been sick since last Saturday and I just don't think I could push myself to keep doing the 30 day Shred as I had started last Monday. Once I get over this cold I'll be back on it and getting on my bike afterwards too. For now I have to rely on my calories. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be better.
  • alicia116
    alicia116 Posts: 13
    Options
    SW 190
    GW for Saturday is 189

I hope the best for everyone. I was able to do my full 90 minutes today minus 1 minute. I really hope that I will be able to do that the rest of the week. Providing my youngest son will stop being mean to everyone and start listening, so that I can stay my whole time at the gym.
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    SW: 146.2
    GW for Saturday: 145.5
    GW for Challenge: 140

I weighed in this morning like I usually do and it said 144. So, as long as that doesn't go up then I've already reached this weeks goal. Now I guess I need to work at keeping it down.

Good luck everyone.
  • mamawildbear
    mamawildbear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I missed the starting posts so I've just found this now. Here are my stats for you to add to the team (I've also posted them to the main challenge page)

Start: 195
    Sat Goal: 193.5
    7 Week Goal: 185
  • mamawildbear
    Options
    What's the procedure for this contest? Do we just post here and the leader update everything or do we post to the main 7 week challenge board as well?

So far no chocolate for me!!! (Except my allowable breakfast drink, of course).
  • fortynfit
    fortynfit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Can I jump on the bandwagon with you all?
    I have a wedding in 9 weeks and want to lose 20lbs. I need encouragement and help staying on track.

CW: 163
    Sat Goal: 161.8
    7 week goal: 156 (afraid to put down 149)
  • harpcason
    harpcason Posts: 40
    Options
    According to the one who set this up, they have already split the teams. You can always follow along though. Your totals just will not be added in when we do the weigh in, Saturday. But, I personally would love to see your accomplishments.
  • hilsidney
    hilsidney Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am currently 169
    Saturday goal - 168

I haven't had any chocolate which I usually do everyday so I'm kind of psyched. I wish I didn't like sweets so much. I think I like sweets more than my kids.

Good luck to you all and go south!
  • nssrn
    nssrn Posts: 3
    Options
    Great since I am too late too I'll keep fortynfit company. I need all the motivation I can get.
    CW:264
    Sat GW: 262
    7 week GW: 250

5285496.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • o0sunny0o
    o0sunny0o Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey all. :-) I'm Anna. Im 21 and I live down in panama city, Florida. This week may be weird for me because I just finished moving and have a lot of things to do but I look forward to this entire challenge.

SW: since I'm not sure exactly I'll go with 149.5
    Week 1 GW: 147.5
    Week 7 GW: 139

The no chocolate thing is gonna be a breeze for me :D
  • fortynfit
    fortynfit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks nssrn :happy:
    Let's motivate each other. You're doing great so far - 11lbs lost! I can't wait to see my ticker with that number.
  • nssrn
    nssrn Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks fortynfit :smile: . Yes lets keep motivating each other and see what happens by Saturday. You will soon see you ticker at the finish mark :)
  • harpcason
    harpcason Posts: 40
    Options
    So far so good. I have not cheated today. Today is HUMP day, I hope that I will be two humps down by Saturday......:) Everyone is doing a SUPER job lets keep it up. We can work hard these next two days.
  • anjelt
    anjelt Posts: 21
    Options
    i am going to starbucks today and I am getting a frappecino, but I normally get a venti I am getting a grande!
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    This week has been really hard for me. All of my family is in town for the wedding and they are far from healthy eaters. I've been staying under my calories, which is good, but I haven't been eating as healthy as normal. This week and next week (the honeymoon) are going to be hard to stay on the diet. But after the honeymoon, I'm starting the Couch to 5K program and running a 5K later in the spring. That should make up for these two weeks!
  • mamawildbear
    Options
    Is there anything we're supposed to be posting daily or is it just a once a week posting? I've been doing great on food and exercise so far so I'm hopeful for weight loss. I have to say I broke down and had one mini tootsie roll today so that's a tiny chocolate slip.