Walmart Story

Options
A lot of my friends found this motivational when I updated my status earlier, so I figured Id share with those who arent my friends *yet* :)

I was just at Walmart (shopping while hungry= bad!)and I saw this woman who had to weigh at least 500 lbs. She was in an extra wide powered chair, and looked absolutely miserable. I wondered to myself, "Why would anyone let themselves get that big?" Then I looked down and realized I couldnt see my feet lol. It put it into perspective that I LET myself get over 200 pounds, and I LET myself get to nearly 270 lbs. I dont want to be the extra wide powerchair lady. It made me put back a lot of things and pick up salad instead. It just hit home that she probably promised herself at 200 lbs that she'd never let herself get over that weight too. then at 300 said "This is it! NO MORE" Then at 400 lost all hope. Its totally preventable and we all have the power to be fit and healthy and make wise choices. So Im asking all of my new wonderful friends Ive been graced with on MFP to believe in yourselves, and realize that we dont have to be the chubsters on the sideline. We dont have to shop for jeans at the very back of the rack. Spanx dont have occupy any space in our dressers. We have the power to make sure that we are never confined because of our weight. Its in our hands to make the choices that will make the changes in our lives. Stay strong today!!

Replies

• TrinityPixie4
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I agree, we have let ourselves get to the point where we are today. Only we can change ourselves.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this, and well said!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I wonder that about others, and then remind myself about my reflection as well. Let's keep it pushing!
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Needed that---thanks so much for sharing~
  • lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That story is a great eye opener! Thanks for sharing!
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    Good post and very true.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the story, and for your beautifully motivating words.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    That was a very brave and inspirational story! Please accept my friend request :):flowerforyou:
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, a similar thing happened to me as well, its a good message- be thankful for who you are and the things you have and the power you do have to control your life and your body!!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I can never go to WalMart hungry. The combination of that an their cheap prices on everything makes slippage too easy.
  • dragonfly78
    Options
    Wow... That was a definite eye opener. Thanks for posting.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    thanks for expressing yourself through writing too us... do it again.
  • rmeadows71
    Options
    Awesome post!!! Thanks for sharing
  • elliespencr78
    elliespencr78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is a great epiphany!!!! :flowerforyou:
    You put it so well that we all control our own destiny and if we dont stop it now we could be that women and that is even more motivation for me to stop this now then wait until I'm at that point!!!

Thank you so much for sharing this revilation that is so important to keep in mind and I am going to work extra hard today!!!!

:heart:
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Its the effect of saying "tomorrow is another day." Or "I'll start tomorrow."

I am a health coach for an amazing program and it takes everything of me not to approach those people and try to help them, but it is against my own rules to do it that way no matter how bad I want to. I know I have the program that can help them, but they must want it bad enough.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I was watching t.v. the other day with my niece who's almost 7....there was an add on for some reality towing show with this lady who, in my opinion is totally horrific. I said "hey Zoe, check out that woman, she is pretty huh??" She looked back at me with a wierd expression on her face and said "she probably really doesn't like the way she looks."

Wow. Makes ya think, huh?
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    That was pure motivation! I've always said...what I've done to myself (as has many others) was by choice....we aren't victims. Thank you for putting this out there for everyone to see!
  • Heather0611
    Heather0611 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Very well said, thanks for sharing!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your are so right about this!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    cool story