Need some help on the choice of Whey Protein

Options
I'm looking for a whey protein to help between meals. Can anyone tell me a good brand that I can receive great benefits from.:happy:

Replies

• Belle_Fille
    Options
    im looking too!

bump!
  • kandicecoulter
    Options
    I like Body Fortress, found in a lot of flavors at Wal-mart. I prefer Chocolate or Cookie-n-cream.
  • mollyschug
    mollyschug Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like Detour bars!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I love my EAS chocolate soy protein I buy from walmart. Great tasting (not harsh tasting like whey protein) and really healthy for you. Plus it's not that much money.
  • ZumbaGirl86
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Protein. I think the Chocolate flavor is the best but there are a ton of other flavors. It is really good because it is not a weight gainer (1g of fat per serving). It was easy to mix and it isn't thick like a lot of other protein powders. I got mine at Vitamin Shoppe for $20. It's a very reasonable price for a 2lb container. I believe it gives you 30 servings, if not more.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    The best tasting (and I've tried just about everything over the past 3 years) is the Caramel Toffee Fudge from Optimum Nutrition. Bodybuilding.com comes in the mail literally in 1 day for me, and the prices are great.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

Steve
    KnightFit.com
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Really people research protein shakes before u just buy based on taste. I just posted the link on my FB page
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Check out consumer reports . Com before u buy. There are 15 protein shakes on the market that contain arsenic, lead and chromium. I love shakeology.... shakeology.com/burn2bbeautiful
    http://www.facebook.com/Burns2bBeautiful

I agree, in the past I have used many protein powders. Until I read the arsenic and lead. Also, they all contain artificial flavors and sweetners. Now, I buy 4 different protein powders (depening how much I want to spend) that do not contain arsenic, lead, artificial flavors and sweetners.

1 - Amino charge by Life Force
    1 - Dr. Mercola - grass fed cow whey
    2 - Jay Robb Whey
    3 - Natural Factors - Whey factors
  • B2BB
    Options
    Like!! Lol, shakeology is my fav :-)
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Steve is right, Optimum Nutrition is THE best protein powder and its not just the taste, it's there whole line of products. The high protein and extremely low carbs and sugar also make it awesome. The taste is a bonus. They also make an all natural line that has no artificial colors, flavors or sweetensrs. The 100% Whey Gold Standard is the main one they sell in regular and natural. There are more options I'd be happy to tell you about if you're interested.
  • B2BB
    Options
    Optimum nutrition hydro whey velocity vanilla...1.5ug arsenic,
    Optimum nutrition gold standard 100% whey extreme milk chocolate
    2.5 if arsenic, 1.7ug cadmium, 1.0ug lead, .2ug mercury. Based on 3 serving a day. But if u ask me I don't want any of the mentioned chemicals in my body.
    If you are gonna try optimum nutrition just stay away from those 2 products.
    All courtesy of consumer reports.
  • MistyMtnMan
    Options
    Optimum nutrition hydro whey velocity vanilla...1.5ug arsenic,
    Optimum nutrition gold standard 100% whey extreme milk chocolate
    2.5 if arsenic, 1.7ug cadmium, 1.0ug lead, .2ug mercury. Based on 3 serving a day. But if u ask me I don't want any of the mentioned chemicals in my body.
    If you are gonna try optimum nutrition just stay away from those 2 products.
    All courtesy of consumer reports.

Good lookin' out. I'm glad I don't use either of those. I guess 2 out of 30+ products ain't bad though.
  • B2BB
    Options
    But it is the main seller for them, so a lot of people arnt aware of it. Glad to help:-) check out my page http://www.facebook.com/Burns2bBeautiful
  • MechM
    MechM Posts: 4
    Options
    I have tried several and find the Body Fortress (Walmart) to be the best. The Body Fortress website has $1 off coupons all the time.

If you are ever looking for the best protein bars, that would be Purefit. available at www.purefit.com EXCELLENT
  • cschick2317
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Protein. I think the Chocolate flavor is the best but there are a ton of other flavors

I agree, optimum nutrition rocks and the double rich chocolate is the best:). My husband tried the whey you get at walmart and it was giving him some intestinal issues so he switched to optimum nutrition and hasn't experienced the same problems.

You can get a sampler pack from optimum nutrition to try a bunch of their flavors, I found the double rich chocolate to be the best, followed by the french vanilla creme (vanilla is good for putting in oatmeal or smoothies).
  • MistyMtnMan
    Options
    I have tried several and find the Body Fortress (Walmart) to be the best. The Body Fortress website has $1 off coupons all the time.

If you are ever looking for the best protein bars, that would be Purefit. available at www.purefit.com EXCELLENT

My personal favorite, after trying a lot, is the Pure Protein bars. Especially the Chocolate Peanut Butter and the S'mores. The nutrition and flavor is unbeatable:

200 calories
    6g fat
    16g carbs
    2g sugar
    20g protein