hello from Kansas

Options
Well I am a newbie to this site. I have tried WW and just about every diet under the sun. I decided its time to feel good about me and set a good example for my 3 kids. I started this journey almost 3 years ago at 220lbs. I now am at 185, a long way to 160. But I think with a little encouragement I can do it. My husband is supportive but tells me he loves me the way I am also. We just bought a boat and would love nothing better than to look good on the water this summer! so here I go. I do daycare in my home for a living so I look forward to making some new friends on long my journey of weight loss.

What I have seen on here I love. The encouragment is wonderful on here. Good luck to everyone and have a super day! Laurie

Replies

• Toaster88
    Toaster88 Posts: 146
    Options
    What part of the Sunflower State?
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!
  • outdoorsmom
    outdoorsmom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sabetha - Northeast Kansas
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Hello from Kansas to you, too. :laugh: I'm in the eastern end of the state. Nice to "meet" you.
  • snsmcintosh
    snsmcintosh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    From one sunflower girl to another.....Kick some butt girl!!
  • dgilner
    dgilner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey Lady - I'm here in Olathe - I'm going to add you - we can support each other!!
  • eyeballer
    eyeballer Posts: 50
    Options
    Welcome! I'm not too far away in Kansas City :)
  • motoxmom1
    motoxmom1 Posts: 85
    Options
    Hello from Manhattan! Good luck on your journey!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    SEK transplant now living in Colorado, hello back at ya.
  • Toaster88
    Toaster88 Posts: 146
    Options
    I spent some life in Wichita, I miss that part of the world!
  • friedlillies
    Options
    Hey!! I added your friend request. Thanks! I know we can both reach our goals! I absolutely love this site. :smile:
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    I am from Wichita! You can do it! MFP is awesome and helps you stay motivated!
  • foodie012
    foodie012 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello from Chicago!! Good luck!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I spent a couple of years living in Kansas. My middle daughter was born in Leavenworth. Looking forward to losing.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Southwest Nebraska Husker fan here :wink:
  • outdoorsmom
    outdoorsmom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Was born and raised in SE Nebraska. been a Husker fan my whole life.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    WELCOME Laurie!! My son and daughter in law (I hate calling her that) , my daughter live in Manhattan! This is the place of all places for your weight loss needs. The support is unbelieveable and the inspirational stories of those that have already been where you and I are going is awesome! Within days I had already changed my attitude about weightloss and was on the road to a better me!! I wish you all the best on this new journey because MFP is amazing!!!
    Shelia