Help!

Options
case87
case87 Posts: 30 Member
I am part of our roller derby team, and we usually skate for 3 hours twice a week. If you've ever checked out the calorie burn for that, it's AMAZING! Anyway, I fell last Thursday and broke my tailbone. :( Are there any exercises you can do to burn a lot of calories without impact to the tailbone? I know that swimming helps, but don't have a pool, a gym membership, and live in Iowa where it's a warm 44 degrees today.

Replies

• chango69
    chango69 Posts: 39
    Options
    The worst thing you can do is exercise with a borken-tail bone, my son still has problems from a football injury; if you want to get back roller derby stay off of it and let it heal, just watch what you eat. Take care
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    i wish i had advice for you. i just wanted to tell you that you rock for doing roller derby. i was just talking to my hubby about doing it last week. hope you heal quick so you can get back out there. :)
  • case87
    case87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i wish i had advice for you. i just wanted to tell you that you rock for doing roller derby. i was just talking to my hubby about doing it last week. hope you heal quick so you can get back out there. :)

Thanks! I'm a ref, but I practice right along with the girls. It's a blast! I highly recommend it to anyone that's interested. I could barely stand on the skates when I started in November. Now I can skate, stop, do falls correctly (obviously this was the exception), and go backwards! You should check it out.