I ate but I'm still hungry

Options
Hello,

I ate lunch about 20 minutes ago. I have that growling stomach feeling like I am still hungry. I am dieing to fill the feeling. It's very annoying. What would you do?

MO

Replies

• darblij
    darblij Posts: 89
    Options
    I sometimes feel like that so I started to have a cup'o'soup to help me feel satisfied, it helps me......although right now I am craving something sweet....argh!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water :)
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    What did you eat for lunch? If my stomach is growling and I'm hungry, I'd eat. If you don't eat, that's when you make unhealthy food choices.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of water then wait 30min. Chew some gum or suck on a piece of candy.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Chew some gum...see how that works.....it doesn't always work for me....it makes me feel like I'm chewing but not eating and makes my stomach want to come out my bellybutton and eat someone....but sometimes it works....
  • boomstick13s
    Options
    eat more. if you're hungry, you're hungry. just try to make healthy choices. i've also been told to eat slower (count to ten in between bites) so yu brain can catch up to your stomach and let you know when you are full for real.
  • Jellyspider
    Options
    I seem to always feel that way when my calories are restricted. I've done best losing weight by exercising more and restricting food only a little. I have never been at a perfect weight though, always 20 lbs more. urgh!!
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I agree, if you are truly hungry, food is the only cure. I will say though that sometimes my stomach grumbles a bit right after I eat as the food is being digested. So make sure you are truly hungry - after a 1/2 hour wait and some additional water - and eat an additional healthy item - fruit, whole grain, etc.
  • phatfreeme
    Options
    Sometimes going for a walk helps, or doing something busy to take my mind off my stomach. Eventually, your stomach will get use to the reduced amount of food. A diet coach also told me to not eat 3 main meals, but eat lots of small meals throughout the day, so your stomach doesn't get the chance to feel hungry.:smile:
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It kind of depends on what you ate....it does make a difference. Best low-cal way to curb your appetite is something high in Fiber (Fiber One bar 90cals) and a lot of water. That should take care of your growling tummy for an hour or 2.
    Soup does help a lot as well. I have done that at night time when I have been really hungry...gives me something to fill up on that is low-cal and takes care of the growling so I can sleep in peace! :)
    I actually eat about every 2 hours....my stomach is growling by then....with water in between.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    just eat.

as long as at the end of the day you are below that calorie count, all is good.
  • lilsweetslol
    lilsweetslol Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how frequently you are eating?? if you are eating the balanced 5 small meals a day, perhaps look at adding some more fiber in your diet to make you feel fuller longer.. i also push the water that helps with making me feel full.

since I dont know what your eating habits are its tough to give advice.. i know that if my tummy is growling i know that my metablosim is in high gear and i need fuel for the fire!! so I grab a handful of almonds, or a apple or banana(fiber)..:wink:
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    eat more. if you're hungry, you're hungry. just try to make healthy choices. i've also been told to eat slower (count to ten in between bites) so yu brain can catch up to your stomach and let you know when you are full for real.

Exactly