Starting Shakeology

maureensc
maureensc Posts: 43
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
I just started drinking the chocolate shakeolgy this morning. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed. I had read several reviews stating how delicious it is but that did not occur. I used skim milk and the scoop provided in the bag...perhaps due to the large scoop ...do you not use an entire scoop? Please help with any suggestions. I really would like this shake to help in my weight loss efforts. On another note, I highly recommend Chalean Extreme (currently in the Push Phase).

Thanks

Replies

• I make mine with Almond milk, 1/2 banana, 2 TSP of PB2 (Powdered Peanut butter 45 calories) and some ice. You should have gotten a recipie sheet with the Shakeology. If the chocolate is too strong try 1/2 scoop. Hope this helps :drinker:
  • JimMack6
    JimMack6 Posts: 1
    Blend a scoop with strawberries, a banana and/or peanut butter.
  • I would use 1/2 a scoop, a whole one is horrible! I use peanut butter and bananas to flavor mine :)
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    One of those scoops is a serving. If you added just that scoop and 8 ounces of milk it was probably quite thick. I typically add a bunch of ice to help water it down and give it more of a shake texture.

when I first tried it, I thought it was horrible. To me chocolate is milk chocolate, and that is not the flavor here.

I typically add a banana, water, ice and PB2 (Powdered peanut butter). Unsweetened Chocoalte Almond breeze is great too, only 45 calories in a cup.
  • kenneray
    kenneray Posts: 2
    I use Shakeology everyday as a meal replacement for breakfast. I love the taste and look forward to it everyday. I use one full scoop and one cup of water, then I add one cup of ice cubes (equals 15 ice cubes from the ice machine) and one tablespoon of natural peanut butter. It tastes like a Recees Peanut Butter Cup to me. There are other recipes too. If you want any just message me and I'd be happy to help. Also, I'm glad to hear your enjoying Chalean. I was thinking of getting it for my wife.
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Hey there. I used Shakeology for a few months last year so I'll tell you my experience in mixing it up. Yes, you use the entire scoop for a serving (some people use 1/2 if they want to save $$ and might add in additional protein powder). Just remember that you are cutting the nutritional benefits in 1/2 if you do this. I typically used skim milk or unsweetened vanilla or unsweetened chocolate almond milk (yum). The almond milk only adds 40 cal if you get the unsweetened kind. I would also typically put 1/2 banana in there for creaminess and some ice. You can also add PB2 (powdered peanut butter) for flavor and sometimes I used a little bit of fat-free yogurt if I didn't have a banana handy. Frozen strawberries (or any berries). There are lots of recipes out there with sugar-free additives especially on the BeachBody website. Your coach (or whomever you ordered from) probably has a to email you. I also have done the Chalean Extreme & really enjoyed it. I need to get those stackable hand weights that she uses though as I have outgrown the benefit of my smaller weights. Good luck!!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    the green berry is super gross, just a warning... i didnt mind the chocolate, I blended it with ice and skim milk, I only used a third of the individual packet and it was plenty strong
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    I have not tried it, but always somewhat intrigued by it. But I hear about how it is best when mixed with X + Y + Z ingredient. Just thinking.that a $4 shake should taste awesome alone not with $1-2 extra in ingredients suddenly making my super expensive shake MEGA expensive! I still think if I ever had that sort of money to blow, that it might be something i try someday.
  • maureensc
    maureensc Posts: 43
    Thanks for all the insight...greatly appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.