Help with the Jillian Michaels method!

Options
Ok, so I’ve heard all this great things about Jillian Michaels and so I Bought the making the cut book and I have the 30 day shred video….
But Im a little confused about the 30day shred…there are 3 levels….I want to know what level I should start on…some people say level 1 is to easy…..should I start at level 1 for one month and 2nd level one second month???? Or what??! Sorry I’m confused
I’ve been doing aerobics and some workouts at home for the past 3 weeks…and need to add more exercise to my life: )
Now here is my plan I printed pages with numbers 1-30 for my 30day workouts and everyday remove one when the day is over (just like they do in that mtv show) to see if I see results, and of course be more strict with what I eat….
Please advise, and if you have read the book tell me what you think and if fallowed the 30 day plan as well let me know your results ;)

Replies

• Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    From what I understand, you do each level for 10 days starting with level one. Level one is pretty easy and I'm so out of shape.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    It is supposed to be level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 and level 3 for 10. I wouldn't call level 1 easy, but it depends on how in shape you are before you start. If you find it too easy, move up a level, or do it all without any of the modifications.

People vary on if they do it for 30 days straight, or some do it 5 days a week and then take 2 weeks to complete each level. Good luck.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I say start with level one. It's not that easy!! The workout session is only 20 minute but is constant. Try it out and if it is too easy then just go to the next one. Or you could do one and two. It's entirely up to you!
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Start with Level one, though I did NOT find it easy in the least. Loll. With practice it does get better but the first few times I did it I wanted to die, or punch Jillian in the head.
  • hop3
    hop3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Level on may seem easy for some, but for me, i'm not that in shape so it's a challenge.

Good Luck to you!
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    For the 30 day shred, she says to start at level 1 and do it for a few days. When it becomes easy, move on to level 2. I like consistency, so I did each level for 10 days. It works. Oh, and don't forget to modify if something is too hard. The first time I did it, my knees were sore, but I had 40 pounds to lose. Hope this helps. (Lost 6 inches the first month I did it.)
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    if it is too easy, you could always add more weight!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I would say that level one is hard, level 2 is crazy and level 3 is insane......but that's just me ;)

Try each level and when you feel ready....go up a level
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking with the program says and doing it for 10 days each. Level one is tough in certain areas for me (I will be on day 7 tonight) but the easier parts I do not do any modifications and then it gives me a challenge again. I am quite excited for Level 2. I'm thinking after the 30 days I will do 2&3 randomly and come back to level 1 for a quick workout.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Start with Level one, though I did NOT find it easy in the least. Loll. With practice it does get better but the first few times I did it I wanted to die, or punch Jillian in the head.

The woman is evil!!! I started the shred last year but after almost 1 month at level 1, I gave up. I was really out of shape and completely unfit (she says she 'knows 400lb people who can do jumping jacks' but not for the amount of time on the dvd!!!!).

I'm now doing Davina-Power of 3 (she's a Brit celeb) and I'm managing pretty well. When I feel ready to go up a gear I'll try Jillian again.

I was told to do it everyday for the 30 days, but I had to rest in-between each day!!!

I'd recommend you try it and see how you feel.

LouiseXXX
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Everyone is different and I would recommend starting with level 1. If it's too easy, progress to level 2 right away. If not, hang out at level 1 until you own it.

I have yet to move on to levels 2 and 3 but would DEFINITELY not consider level 1 easy: If you bang out as many non-modified push-ups as you can in that first circuit and are not shaky, you are my hero. I can see how the other circuits might be considered less-intense, but with 5-7lb weights in each hand, I definitely feel it. I also frequently move faster than Jillian and company during the cardio sections.

Charmagne
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

I will hold her for you, as long as I can get a punch in too. Lol. :laugh:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I did shred at level2 first then level3 30 days each, I read her book but after, by then i kinda knew most things already there
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I did each level for 10 days. I find if the moves in Level 1 are too easy, I up the weight. I figured Level 1 was preparing me for the other two levels so I stuck with it but I did mix it up with different weights for different circuits.
  • eyeris2011
    Options
    Thank you ALL for you very interesting response….aw! I love MFP even more now!!!…love the support!
    So I will start level 1 today and for the next 10 days ….then I will go to level 2 and so on…yay!
    I am so excited to start will keep you posted on my experience : )
  • eyeris2011
    Options
    :)