Hello From Ohio

Options
I am 29 year old mother of four, my youngest being 4 months old. I came across this website and I think it's wonderful! My 30th birthday is quickly approaching, and I really want to do something good for myself. I've spent too much time being heavy...I'm ready for a change!
So far, I have just tried making small changes. I used to drink 3-4 Mountain Dews a day, now I drink water and occasionally a diet soda. I stopped using the large dinner plates, and now I only eat what will fit on a small plate. I have yet to weigh myself, but I feel so much better already! For the first time in my life, I feel motivated to exercise!
I'm welcome to any advise that anyone may have, and I'd love to meet some people on here who share things in common with me.

Thanks!!!
frazzelmama

Replies

• frazzelmama
    Options
    I am 29 year old mother of four, my youngest being 4 months old. I came across this website and I think it's wonderful! My 30th birthday is quickly approaching, and I really want to do something good for myself. I've spent too much time being heavy...I'm ready for a change!
    So far, I have just tried making small changes. I used to drink 3-4 Mountain Dews a day, now I drink water and occasionally a diet soda. I stopped using the large dinner plates, and now I only eat what will fit on a small plate. I have yet to weigh myself, but I feel so much better already! For the first time in my life, I feel motivated to exercise!
    I'm welcome to any advise that anyone may have, and I'd love to meet some people on here who share things in common with me.

Thanks!!!
    frazzelmama
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
    It sounds to me like you are off to a great start!
    Keep up the good work, and we are all here for you!
    --Diann...:flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
    It sounds to me like you are off to a great start!
    Keep up the good work, and we are all here for you!
    --Diann...:flowerforyou:

Dido. Good job:flowerforyou:
  • frazzelmama
    Options
    Thanks so much! I really feel like this is the time that I'm really gonna do it...I'm not into programs, I want to do something I can live with forever...this helps so much!
  • PattyH
    PattyH Posts: 34
    Options
    Welcome & Good Luck! :flowerforyou:

I've been on MFP for a week. I was tired of being overweight & tired all the time. I need to get healthy so I know I have to make a lifestyle change instead of just dieting to lose weight then turning around and gaining it all back (plus more). This site is very helpful to me because it helps me be accountable for all the food I eat and the people are very encouraging & supportive! :happy:

Giving up the MD for water and the portion control with the smaller plate are GREAT! You're on your way to a healthier you!! Please tell me how you managed to get motivated to excercise? :laugh:

You can do it!! :smile: :flowerforyou:

Patty
  • frazzelmama
    Options
    I think it's because I feel like I'm making a difference, and every little thing I do makes a difference...that just makes me want to do more...
    Granted, I'm not working out every day or anything, but I am trying to get up and do SOMETHING!!! lol...that's better than what I was doing. Not to mention, with 4 little kids, there's not much time to sit!!
    Thanks for all your comments!