Hello from Tennessee-Need a little support

Options
My name is Kristin. I started my weight loss journey on Feb 7th @ 330 lbs. I am now at 309 lbs. I have been doing it on my own and I would like to have a support system, because right not it just seems like the people around me are waiting for me to give up, like have have done so many times before. I am excited about my weight loss, and I am here to help anyone that needs it, and I hope I can make some new friends.

Replies

• b_hobbs
    b_hobbs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Add me - I'm new as well, and hope to find support and make some friends along the way. We can push each other forward (:

Becky
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristin!! Count me in!! Don't worry about what those other people think... you can do this!!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've only been on here for 2 days, but I love it so far. You'll find a lot of encouagement and motivation here.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Well you have certainly come to the right place for support and motivation. You can add me if you like. :bigsmile:
  • jennk221
    jennk221 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristin!! You have come to the right place for support!! I just sent you a friend request so you can add me if you want! I can't wait to see you SUCCEED!!! Good luck!!!
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    welcome - you can add me if you want- the one time I lost 60 pounds - I did not tell anyone I was trying to loose weight - I always feel like they are watching and waiting also.
    but that was 18 yrs ago and I put the weight back on - was doing weight watchers then-
    now i just want to learn how to eat to loose and maintain a healthy weight.
    I have lost 51 pounds since Sept. - I have 39 more to go. to reach my goal weight
    this is a great site and it will help
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm returning but a newbie! Congrats on the loss!! You will do even better with friends here who support you to keep going, not those who wait for you to give up! We all have those people in our life, but forget them!! You are awesome!
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm a Chattanooga girl also, welcome! You'll find a great support system here. Really take the time to utilize everything this site offers and you will succeed for sure, sounds like you're well on your way already! :flowerforyou:
  • mikedigesu
    mikedigesu Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that you've made some progress already! I'm brand new to this site, but I think it just might help us! I'll send you a friend request so you can add me if you want! Good luck!!
  • DianaM1020
    DianaM1020 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm from Nashville! Welcome! You'll do great!
  • Riliye
    Riliye Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in Gatlinburg/Sevierville! You'll do great. Any of y'all local girls can add me if you want. =)
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    welcome!! Im near Knoxville!! Like Ri said, any locals feel free to add me :)
  • islandcurve
    Options
    Hi Kristin, pleasse add me also!!! I am also struggling with weihgt loss and need the motivation of a group!! I am a couch potato who cannt seem to find the motivation to move forward and I am looking for a group of dedicated and motivated freinds/family to help me with my lifestyle change!!
  • morinmom
    morinmom Posts: 17
    Options
    hello everybody hows it. i am new as well from north dakota i am 230lbs 48% body fat and now i want to be healthier and tennessee you just need to look at what you want i belive you can do this
  • sanren79
    sanren79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    girlie...you can do it...on a side note everyone has been treating me the same as well...i think when that number starts with a 3 people think you will just give in. Nashville here! feel free to add me! I would love to have some local support from my fellow southern Belles!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOO from little old england!! you are really doing well already!! :)
    if you need any pointers please do ask away
    trud72
  • 2sonz
    2sonz Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi! Count me in as well! I just started yet another journey and found this website this am:) I weigh 216 and started a week ago at 218, so I have made a little progress. Look forward to getting healthy right along with ya!
    Tara
  • razecjc
    razecjc Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello Kristin, I know how that goes when people seem to be waiting for you to fail. Just keep pushing forward & like you I to would like to have some buddy support so add me to your friends list if you would like to. I enjoy getting to know new people & understand that everyone has a reason or something that pushes them to move forward to make a change or differnce in their lives. Best of luck on your journey look forward to maybe making goals as a team. Have a great day!
  • micklepickle61
    Options
    Hello Kristin,

You can add me. It looks like I'm the first guy to chime in here. I live north of Chattanooga. I believe that you can and will. I look forward to witnessing your victories.

Mike
  • christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey there, my name's christine, and i'm from Scotland, U.K. Congratulations on your acheivment so far,,, that's amazing,,, keep up the good work, and don't let anyone get you down! Please feel free to add me xox