MFP Runner's Club - September 20

Options
I ran 8 miles this morning! It was the first time I've run that long of a distance in about 4 years. WOOHOO!

Replies

• Slender1
    Options
    I ran 8 miles this morning! It was the first time I've run that long of a distance in about 4 years. WOOHOO!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    WTG Slender!

I'm back from a 10.5 mile run which is my longest in a while too!! I was just going for 7-8 miles, running w/ my training buddies. But I felt so good I finished up w/ them. They did 15 total (I joined them at 4.5). YEAH!!!!

Have a super Saturday!

Jess
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Slender:

Great run!

I am taking a total rest day today. Just realized, since my hip injury, I have been working out non stop for 2 weeks. That's the stubborn part of me I guess. Will just do my physio exercises today.

have a great day everyone!

Carol
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Nice going Slender & Jess!!! :drinker: (But not you, Carol! :laugh: ) J/K - hope you start to feel better soon! :flowerforyou:

We're going to a fair today so don't know if I can get out there. I REALLY need to though. :embarassed: :ohwell:

Have a great weekend, ya'll! :heart:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Eleven miles today. Time for a good stretch.
    Tom
  • alimassa
    Options
    My goodness....it must be long run saturday!

Great work everyone!! I am running with you in spirit:laugh: :laugh:

Happy Beautiful Saturday Morning!

Ali

(and yes it is beautiful cause the baby let us sleep until 9!!:noway: )
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I feel behind:sad: :sad: :sad: I just got over a week of two illnesses and I have a week till my 10K but I did about a mile and a half today at a faster pace. I did have to add in walking breaks cause my tum tum STILL hurts. But I am gonna hit the road again tonite... and tommorrow before the birdies are even chirping...
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    oh well :ohwell: I did a boring 3.5 interval run today... sounds hum drum with these numbers going on today!! :laugh:

Way to go long run Saturday!!! Must be the cooler temps :wink:

Have a great one!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Slender, Jess and Runner Dad!!
    I did TJ Punch, Kick and Jam today. Six mile run on tap for tomorrow. Oct. 19 I am doing a 10K as part of a marathon relay team. So, belatedly, I'm starting a training program :ohwell:

I think this question is for Jess (are youa Beachbody trainer?): I am considering P90X, but I also want to purchase ChaLean when it comes out soon. Considering the potential cost of ChaLean, would you recommend I wait or invest in both?
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Wow, it really is long run day. I feel like I am in it with most of you. I did a 7.75 mile run this morning.

And I am so excited because I kind of got promoted at work (I just don't get paid more yet) and my schedule changed so I don't have to leave for work now until 8AM so I will get in more runs during the week again. Whoooo Whoooo!!!:drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :smokin: :bigsmile:

I also ran with someone else the other night for the first time. She use to run a lot and she is actually my daughters friend, (who visits us even when my daughter isn't here :happy: ) ) but she was in a work out mood, so first we went for a bike ride and then after we came back she comes to me and said she felt like she could go running. So I looked at her and was like are you serious, because if your asking, I will go and we went. She held up great for the first mile, and then we walked most of the way back of a 3 mile, but it was fun to just go with someone new.

Everyone have a great weekend:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Now that I have an extra 1000+ calories to burn, how many Strawberry Margaritas is that?
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wow! Today is a day for milestones it seems! I ran/walked 4.5 miles on my way to a 10K. Felt great!
    Am doing interval of 2 min run 1 min walk. We increase the run next week. I am happy to be running again and thank you all for your example :smile:
    Bunny
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Wow, everyone's pushing their limits today. I did 5 miles! I can't tell you how excited I am. NEVER have done that before. The funny thing is, I started out so crabby and convinced myself I couldn't do it. The first mile was bad, but you hit your stride and keep going. Thanks for letting me post!
  • granola_girl
    Options
    I am taking a day off, I am having some calf pain. Long run tomorrow! Good job everyone!
  • alimassa
    Options
    Wow, everyone's pushing their limits today. I did 5 miles! I can't tell you how excited I am. NEVER have done that before. The funny thing is, I started out so crabby and convinced myself I couldn't do it. The first mile was bad, but you hit your stride and keep going. Thanks for letting me post!

Dont you love that about running! The feeling of accomplishment out shines the crabby!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ali
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Awesome, Slender, Jess and Runner Dad!!
    I did TJ Punch, Kick and Jam today. Six mile run on tap for tomorrow. Oct. 19 I am doing a 10K as part of a marathon relay team. So, belatedly, I'm starting a training program :ohwell:

I think this question is for Jess (are youa Beachbody trainer?): I am considering P90X, but I also want to purchase ChaLean when it comes out soon. Considering the potential cost of ChaLean, would you recommend I wait or invest in both?

Hey there! Yep, I'm a coach for Team Beachbody! I absolutely LOVE P90X. I've been using it for well over a year now and it's been awesome mixed w/ running for me. I'm stronger, have had NO injuries, and just feel great!! I just got a preview disc for Chalean Extreme and it looks awesome too!! I'm definitely going to order it. I don't know the pricing yet though. Send me an email and I'll keep you on the list of people to notify as soon as I know more info!!!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Yeah to everyone today!! *high fives all around* Great job, keep it up!

Jess
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone for running today. No running for me unless you count running around. The weekends are always so busy. Doing my 1/2 marathon tomorrow so wish me luck. My only goal is to finish. I don't have a time in mind but I would like to do it in under 3 hrs. I know this is a realistic goal for me. I will post my results tomorrow after I get back. Have a great weekend. :flowerforyou:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options

Awsome job doing your first 5 miles. That is special!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    I know what you mean about those days, as a matter a fact, I thought today was kind of going to be like that. At almost 3 miles I walked for a little while, I usually try to run all the way of my 5 miles. So I was a little bummed I walked for a minute. But then as I started up again, I was on my second wind and added more to my run than before. I turned what I thought was going to be a bummer run into my second longest run ever. And I ran it better than my longest run.:bigsmile:

We are such special people. Great job on a great run!!!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!:flowerforyou:

I did not run my scheduled 5 miles today. I'll definitely be doing my scheduled 6 miles tomorrow.

Have a great weekend
    -Kechie.