BodyBugg Anyone?

Options
Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
Ok so I am making the big purchase this week...a HRM finally! But so far I am looking at the Polar Ft4 or Ft6 but I wanted to see if anyone has the BodyBugg?

If so, how do you like it? Pros and Cons... I know they use it on "The Biggest Loser" however, they do a lot of stuff on there that I don't plan to LOL but I wanted to know what others thought about it before I made my purchase.

Replies

• Kelleyrh5
    Kelleyrh5 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I use it with Jenny Craig program, the one i use is called the bodymedia and is just like the Bodybug. I like it, it does take some time getting use to wearing 23/7 but after awhile you forget you have it on. LOL

Now i do like the stats that it gives, but i am having to logg in my food and exercise here and in that program as well. But, here i have support. Otherwise its pretty good, you also start to challenge yourself to see if you can get more steps in or other activities in.

Keeps you more on track! :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I use a Bodymedia FIT - same thing as a bodybugg, different brand.

Pros: Sleep analysis feature (I love seeing how much I'm really sleeping!), designed to be worn 24/7 so you can get a better feel for your real calorie burn for the whole day - unlike a HRM it is designed to estimate rest/casual/strength training calorie burn (HRMs are really only for continuous cardio exercises), it also counts steps.

Cons: monthly subscription (totally worth it to me!), not waterproof (so not good for swimming), the Bluetooth versions are very buggy (so I hear, I use the non-BT version), doesn't measure Heart Rate (not a big deal for me right now - some people use Heart Rate to measure performance/fitness and to do particular types of workouts, tracking the intensity, etc. )
  • Genie03
    Genie03 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey if you want to actually look at one in use your more than welcome to log on to my bodybugg account a brouse around and look at everything. Also they give you videos once you log in about how to make sure you take full advantage of the tool that you can also look at in my account. Let me know and I'll text you my info .

Genie
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have one... it is good, but the food input is bad! You need to manually add all your food as it's database isn't as large as myfitnesspal.com!

I go through phases of keeping up my subscription, and letting it lapse! lol It is great for telling me when I am not moving enough!
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the BodyMedia FIT, it arrives tomorrow! :)

From my research, the BodyMedia Fit is exactly the same gizmo as BodyBugg. The ONLY difference is the software that hosts the different programs.
    It seems BodyBugg has a message board for support, whereas BMF does not (they do have an active Facebook page though). And BMF has an option on the calorie tracking to just enter in that day's calories without logging in each food item seperately. Which is what I will do since I enjoy the food tracking with My Fitness Pal. From what I understand, BodyBugg doesn't have this option.